Duplicate messages

Level 6
    Why do I keep seeing emails about this?

One email or DM on the subject I can understand but more than that is spam.

Beki_EONNext

4 Days Ago
    Hey!

I hope this email finds you well. I noticed on your profile that you have ticked the box stating that you have a smart meter, and I wondered if you would be interested in speaking to one of our creative team about how a smart meter have affected you positively and negatively?

We would like this to be a video and we would arrange a team to come to you and have a chat, really informally, just to hear your story!

If you're interested in a taking part, could you pop me a message back, explaining how you use your smart meter, what benefits its brought you, any issues that you have had and how they were rectified and what it being sorted out means to you.

Can't wait to hear from you!
    Beki
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 31-01-23 at 11:06.
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @Frassle Hey there, it's Beki here. I'm the one who sent you that PM and I can assure you that it is not spam. ๐Ÿ˜

I was curious to hear people's smart meter experiences.
    I'm pretty sure I only sent one DM but please let me know if more than one came through.

Thank you for being super vigilant though ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Last edited by Beki; 05-09-22 at 15:48.
    Level 6
    Name:  EAD27262-EC39-4BC2-BD13-61A976CD7D68.jpeg
Views: 453
Size:  20.5 KB

hmm, doubt if you want to use me, not while the smart meter is giving erroneous readings and Eon donโ€™t appear to want to change it.
    Probably no profit in it.
    Community Team
    Hi @Frassle ๐Ÿ˜Š

Please don't worry we weren't doubting you ๐Ÿค˜ - there was a bug in the system meaning that some messages were going through as duplicates ๐Ÿ™„. This all is well and fixed now ๐Ÿ›  but if you have any other problems like this then do let us know ๐Ÿ˜‹
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
    Level 6
    Hi @Frassle ๐Ÿ˜Š

Please don't worry we weren't doubting you ๐Ÿค˜ - there was a bug in the system meaning that some messages were going through as duplicates ๐Ÿ™„. This all is well and fixed now ๐Ÿ›  but if you have any other problems like this then do let us know ๐Ÿ˜‹

im so glad, but Iโ€™m sure you still donโ€™t want to use me as you are still overcharging me. Going on for a year and still not dealt with and no sign of OFGEM
    Community Team
    @Frassle Hi there ๐Ÿ˜Š

What do you mean? Do you mind giving us a run down of your problem and the Community will see how they can help.
    Level 6
    @Frassle Hi there ๐Ÿ˜Š

What do you mean? Do you mind giving us a run down of your problem and the Community will see how they can help.

I have posted the problems on here before.

Everyone with solar and the smart meter L & G E470 will have a similar problem. The meter counts solar input as usage and charges for any energy sent back. Also when in normal use the meter will add about 5kW of energy used per day.

Energy suppliers are aware of this problem itโ€™s just that Eon wonโ€™t do any thing about it.

extract from Tesla letter

We have been able to demonstrate that the problem only occurs on the L&G E470 meter and that other meters are not affected.

Given that this issue has only ever been reported on this specific L&G meter, the only solution is to replace it with a meter from another manufacturer.

Where meter swaps have been conducted, this has always solved the problem.

A meter swap can be requested to your energy supplier.

Mostly every energy supplier ( as.Octopus) are already aware of it .

Last edited by Frassle; 02-02-23 at 10:40. Reason: Typo