Balance ?

Level 1
    The balance on the app hasn't updated since 10th Jan 2023, I need to know my balance every day, we are on a strict budget and not knowing how much gas and electric we have is causing extreme distress. We don't know if there is enough to put the heating on, do the washing etc.

The app and online do not reflect any payments we have put on.

We have a smart PAYG account with no debt.

Do I need to switch supplier ?

Also, how do you get the balance up on the actual meter ? what buttons do I press in what order, I've tried everything, I can get the usage, my meter reading, what tariff I'm on but no meter balance.

WE have a gen 1 smart meter and gen 1 IHD.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @Vespadouglas

Online balance only changes if you have a standard credit account. All the app shows for SPAYG is your meter reads and your top up amounts. In your preferences, do you have an option to change your meter read frequency? The default is monthly. It may be if you change it to daily, your balance will update, but I'm just guessing here.

Does your IHD not have an option to display credit? What make is your actual electricity meter (not the IHD)? Let us know and we should be able to let you know how to display remaining credit.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 22-01-23 at 16:09.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    Hey @Vespadouglas 😊

We have had a few problems with our app which has resulted in usage being down😯. @retrotecchie is absolutely correct - your IHD should display your balance or you can retrieve this information directly from the meter. Do you need any support in reading those?
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈