Variations on a theme: how long for commissioning

Level 6
    Greetings all,

I find myself upgraded to SMETS2 dual fuel since Jan 9, working at my end but online account says:

No meter reading details available

We’re still getting your meter details. Once we have these you’ll be able to give us your meter readings through your online account.

I understand from reading others' posts here that it can take up to eight weeks for "getting your meter details" to work, and that it might start working on my usual data gathering day -- 1st of the month.

But this is odd: my online account does already know the new smart meter numbers. Well, if the system knows those then what is the extra step needed for being able to grab usage data from the new meters?

Just curious, not breathing more heavily yet. And looking forward to having the quoted financial incentive for the meter upgrade in my account when it's all sorted.

TTFN

MicroErgs
    Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 12-06-23 at 10:33. Reason: Removed Featured thread
  • 13 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @MicroErgs
    I would send readings by email to hi@eonnext.com as this would be the best way to have some evidence of correspondence. It looks like you haven’t yet contacted them about your current situation as detailed on this thread. Maybe another email with a link to this thread would be in order so you can enquire when things might work properly. It might get the ball rolling in case things are the same when the 8 weeks from installation are up.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 92
    @MicroErgs

Your readings for billing are only pulled from the meters monthly. Your first readings haven't been taken yet, is all.
    If you want to check that the meters are visible to the network, check here:

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

The website and app only give you monthly billing reads, no usage tracking is provided. You need to do that yourself with the IHD. Alternatively you can download the Bright app to a phone or tablet and use that to track day on day usage.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 18-01-23 at 14:02.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    Thanks @retrotecchie. That's a useful reinforcement. I'm probably being overzealous by wanting the first readings (for Jan 9, installation day) to be recorded as 0000 and 0000 somewhere in addition to those penned card labels at the side of each meter.

The red msg "We’re having trouble getting readings from your smart meter" on my online front page might be described as over-excited.

MicroErgs
    Last edited by MicroErgs; 18-01-23 at 14:34. Reason: edited to help me understand the gap between my head and what I've just typed
    Level 6
    Me again,

Turn of the month has come and gone. That was the normal data gathering time for my old meters (one SMETS1+, one analogue). But I'm still seeing this msg on my online account's front page:

We’re having trouble getting readings from your smart meter.

and still this when attempting to see readings or to submit them for the new meters which were installed on 9 Jan:

We’re still getting your meter details. Once we have these you’ll be able to give us your meter readings through your online account.

I'm still only in "curious" mode, not anxious about it. But you know how it is when you get a feeling.

Smartmetercheck does recognise them as SMETS2, and as noted already my online account has the new meter numbers (that is, the unique numbers ascribed to each meter. Not the meter readings.) SW/WAN/HAN lights are flashing in normal mode, once every four seconds.

What might the next key date be, by which time we might see movement? One month after installation? My usual payment date later this month? Or should I be content with "eventually"?

I do understand that the data is very likely to be sitting in the meters waiting to be pulled. I'd just like to see progress expressed within online account messages rather than generic info given. And I assume other account holders would too.

In the meantime I'm happy to take my own readings. Y'know, just in case.

TTFN

MicroErgs
    Last edited by MicroErgs; 04-02-23 at 14:40. Reason: formatting
    Level 6
    @MicroErgs Do you have an update on this matter?

Hi @Bennie_EONNext (and on a Sunday too!)

No update since yesterday. Still seeing this msg:

I'll just reiterate if I may, it's my curiosity that is sparked rather than concern. But including curiosity on the part of others who may be going through the same process.

Cheers from MicroErgs
    Level 6
    Hello all,

An update here.

Time line so far:
    9 Jan: hub and both meters replaced, now SMETS2. New IHD, meters and hub showing sensible things.

Approx 12 Jan: online account shows the new meter numbers but I can't submit readings online because "We’re still getting your meter details. Once we have these you’ll be able to give us your meter readings through your online account."

Latest statement dates:
    17 Jan doesn't show gas or elec consumption for new meters
    02 Jan
    01 Jan

That's all reasonably OK but a statement for 01 Feb or 17 Feb would have been good. Expected even. And I would have liked the remuneration which was promised for a successful changeover by now.

The online transactions list doesn't show any charges for gas and elec since 12 Jan. Both of those charges pertain to the old meters as we would expect.

21 Feb: I continue to see "We’re still getting your meter details. Once we have these you’ll be able to give us your meter readings through your online account."

But hang on, I *have* been invited to take part in two Energy Shift events this month. The result of the 13 Feb event shows as a credit in my online transactions. (The second event was today, too early for a result.)

How can meter details be missing and meter readings be unsubmissible when an ES event has successfully taken place using the elec meter with a subsequent credit made?

If that indicates an administrative fault rather than a technical fault, may I ask the community for suggestions on how to get it put right? Grateful thanks.
    Last edited by MicroErgs; 22-02-23 at 19:28.
    Level 6
    Firsr of the month is coming up. Eon "Whatever" Next are still saying they haven't received smart meter readings, even though they have calculated a credit for both recentmost energy shift events.

May I ask the esteemed community helpers please, what's the most effiicient way to submit user readings on 1 March, given that I can't submit them through my online account?

I realise that I don't have to submit readings but I'll feel more comfortable if I do. And I suspect that submitting readings would raise the eventual compensatory figure when this dark hole of not knowing what is happening has passed.

Thanks all, and commiserations to others who are in a similar situation.

M Ergs
    Level 6
    Grateful thanks @JoeSoap for the response and suggestions. Will do.

M.Ergs