Moving house and previous supplier objected

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Does this mean the previous supplier at the new property objected? Because my own previous supplier is Eon, I'm staying with them. If its the previous supplier of the new property how do I find out who that is and why have they objected?
    If its due to unpaid bills then what would happen? Its a rented property so the landlord has probably been using the electric while doing work between tenants so would he be liable for the amount? How would this be fixed? Would I be able to call that supplier with the readings when I move in and get it sorted?
    Sorry, I'm just really confused as it's been a long time since I've had to do this and I didn't have this problem last time. I thought it would be simple, let Eon know, give them readings when I move out and when I move to the new place. Clearly not :(
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Xmaspig

you have to taken the current supplier but can move suppliers straight afterwards. Take readings as soon as possible.
    the landlord will be the easier source of the current supplier.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hey @Xmaspig 👋

I'm so sorry about the issues you've had previously 😢

How was your experience? I'd love to catch up to see how it went and if you have any feedback for us?

From your message, you should be able to call us to confirm if the property is being supplied with us or another supplier. You would only be liable for the usage from the date you move into the property.

Please don't worry! We're here to help every step of the way. We know how stressful these things can be and we do try our best to help to make it a smooth process as possible 💜

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Last edited by EmmaN_EONNext; 11-02-24 at 16:21.
    Knowledge is power, community is strength, and positive attitude is everything 💜