Winter Fuel Assistance - Wales

Level 92
    By the way anyone living in Wales on any kind of benefit, means tested or otherwise, don't forget to apply to your local authority before 28/2/23 for your Winter Fuel Support if you haven't already done so. I only realised I was eligible today when the council phoned me up and asked why I hadn't applied yet. £200 cash in the bank is not to be sniffed at. An hour after I applied, I had the text confirming this will be credited to my bank account within ten working days. You must be the lead name on your council tax bill and you must be responsible for your energy bills at your property, and only one application per household.

This is a £90m scheme operated by the Welsh Government and in addition to any other UK Government schemes. You will need to apply online via your local authority website. You will need your NI number (to verify benefits) and your Council Tax Reference, plus your name and address and bank details for payment. Takes 5 minutes to do👍

Payments are made under the Local Welfare Provision and will therefore be disregarded in the assessment of all means tested benefits and are not taxable.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 14-01-23 at 10:28.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
  • 2 Replies

@retrotecchie This is great news! Thank you for sharing this news on the community, hopefully more people will be able to benefit from this ! 😀