Lack of refund.

Level 1
    Been chasing a refund since December from Eon as my account is substantially in credit. The team have just stopped responding now, and no one has the decency to get in touch even when using the complaints email. Should I just pull all of my payments back to get this resolved as I have been expecting this money
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @Garym1986

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not heard anything back, has this now changed? As I can see your last post here was over 12 hours ago now.

Our social media channels are back to more normal levels of response times now, so you shouldn't be waiting long for a reply from there. I've searched for your account and emails using the email address you used to sign up to the Community but wasn't able to find anything (I understand that you may have used a different email address to contact us/if you have an online account with E.ON Next, if so, please don't post this here)

As you pay by Direct Debit, refunding a credit balance to you upon request is usually straight forward unless there's an issue with your account. Have you provided up to date meter readings when requesting your refund?
    Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž Calm ๐Ÿ˜Œ Collected ๐Ÿ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a ๐Ÿ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' โœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? ๐Ÿค” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 91
    @Garym1986

its your money and you are entitled to all of it back. You could start by reversing the latest Direct Debit via your bank itโ€™s quick and easy.
    mid you get everything back you will probably face an increased direct debit so you may want to consider whether you want to switch to paying by DD on receipt of bill.

make sure your readings are all up to date. Sending an email with refund of account balance in the title and your account details in the main text may work. If your complaint is more than 8 weeks unresolved you should go to the ombudsman- the more that do that the greater will be the pressure on the company to improve their woeful customer service.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but Iโ€™ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @Garym1986 I am sorry to hear about your frustration, have you also tried to get in touch with our customer service with other avenues ? Perhaps on social media? I know that our team has been working very hard to get back to everyone as quickly as they can. Here's the link to the different ways to get in touch with us.
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext yes I have, I've even added read receipts to mails, the ignoring is by choice. Ive never came across a company who genuinely don't want to help, and only act when the ombudsman is involved
    Level 1
    Nope nothings changed. There's no reason not to contact me, there's no reason not to refund me, but your staff have no actual want to help. It's not on. I'm note than happy to provide contact and account details. For clarity sake your staff have read emails. It's just another blatant shortfall in service
    Community Team
    Nope nothings changed. There's no reason not to contact me, there's no reason not to refund me, but your staff have no actual want to help. It's not on. I'm note than happy to provide contact and account details. For clarity sake your staff have read emails. It's just another blatant shortfall in service

Hi @Garym1986 - I can understand your frustration, and Iโ€™m happy to have a look and pass this on for you. Please when you are ready send me a DM with your account details and we will get you sorted ๐Ÿ˜Š
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ