Well you couldn't write this one

Level 1
    So here`s a quick story .... Ex EDF customer, swapped to Igloo, who went bust, balance then was around -£500, got put with E-ON, and from somewhere a £4600 DEBIT was added to the account 😨......

Carried on paying £280 month DD, 5 weeks later the £4600 disappeared from the online account, so i presumed it was an error......

Months later its back like a re-occring spot, this time its stayed and my useage for a 3 bed semi, thats empty during the day & that only has a NEW combi boiler is £300 PER WEEK !

The balance went up to nearly £6000, so i paid £4000 the other day as i was concerned, and sent an email saying i am making no further payments until the meter is checked. Ive had no reply, but expected that, however just to entertain you all some more, my online payment of £4000 was TAKEN TWICE .

A PHONE CALL was made and i have been assured i will be refunded the double card transaction....but im not holding my breath.
  • 6 Replies

Level 91
    @WheresMEGASgoing

I find that amounts appearing on my account have a bill attached to them. I can trace my consumption from one bill to the next with the readings being consecutive - the closing reading of one bill is the opening reading of the next. Careful scrutiny of your bills would enable yo to sort this out- and find the reason for the large debit, which is probably an big error and not relating to you at all.

I would advise making a complaint (see blue box below) .

Keep a track of your consumption direct from the meter. That way you'll know whether the bills are accurate based upon measured consumption. Meters, both gas and electric, have been known to fail, but usually that's the least likely explanation for these sorts of problems.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 55
    @WheresMEGASgoing

I find that amounts appearing on my account have a bill attached to them. I can trace my consumption from one bill to the next with the readings being consecutive - the closing reading of one bill is the opening reading of the next.

I cannot fault Eon Next in their bill methodology and can trace my consumption and tally readings since my time with them.
    Level 92
    @Mailman

Agreed. In fact, their bills agree with my calculations to the penny, every time. Always absolutely accurate and only ever calculated on actual readings, never any need for estimates.

Apart from one minor glitch related to my move at the end of last year, which the lovely @DebF_EONNext sorted for me within a couple of days of joining the Community, never a hint of a problem with them. I had no end of hassle with Igloo's billing every month! The only reason I stuck with Igloo until they went bust was the 3% interest they paid on credit balances. It was because I was making extra payments, they assumed my energy use had shot up and estimated my bills accordingly.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 05-01-23 at 16:18.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    Hey @WheresMEGASgoing 🙂

Hannah here 👋. Ouch!! That certainly doesn't seem correct - have you had this rectified when you called us?
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 1
    Hey @WheresMEGASgoing 🙂

Hannah here 👋. Ouch!! That certainly doesn't seem correct - have you had this rectified when you called us?

Sadly not Hannah...... cant make head nor tale of it .... have a look at this, and what our estimated gas is for the year !

Wish i could get though on the phone to someone that understands...

Name:  Facebook Post (31).jpg
Views: 638
Size:  31.1 KB
    Community Team
    @WheresMEGASgoing Ahhh!!! I am so so sorry to hear its not sorted for you.

I'll drop you a DM for some account details and we'll see what we can do 😁.