Call back, no message left

Level 13
    Got a problem with the smart meter.

Had a huge, massive, incorrect bill sent out of the blue.

Was promised a call back today but just missed it. Waited for 30 minutes on hold when I called the number back only to get yet another young sounding person on the phone, working from home who hadn't got a clue and no way to help or find out what is going on with the investigation.

Have spent nearly 11 hours on calls since 17 Nov trying to sort this out.

ELEVEN HOURS.

I'm not going to just give in and pay this bill. I am not.
  • 3 Replies

@MAW
    Is the bill based on an actual or an estimated reading? If estimated and it has been over-estimated, submitting an up to date manual reading should correct things and produce a revised bill. If, however, it is based on an actual reading and you are certain it is incorrect, I would suggest you need to get the meter investigated, which will mean contacting Eon-Next again. They are probably working with a skeleton staff this week, so it might be better to wait until after the Bank Holiday if you need to ring them, and try at 9am just as they are opening. If that doesn't work think about contacting Citizens Advice to see what they can advise.
    Level 92
    @MAW

What exactly is the problem? You say you had an 'incorrect' bill sent out of the blue. In what way incorrect? Did they base your bill on estimated readings or did they manage to pull a reading from your meter and calculate your bill from that?
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 59

I'm not going to just give in and pay this bill. I am not.

Submit manual reads today if you can and see how today's manual reads tally with the reads stated on this last bill. If you can report back on the difference between the finishing read on this bill v today's actual read and the number of days between the two.
    Last edited by Mailman; 30-12-22 at 17:08.