ECO+ Scheme and suppliers obligations

View Tag Cloud
    Level 92
    So, finally E.On Next now have a working link to the ECO Scheme. This is a supplier obligation as mandated by OFGEM and the government.

Whoop whoop!

So, I follow the link, spend ten minutes filling in my information to find that I do indeed qualify for supplier funding for energy saving improvements to my home...

Only...

You are eligible for funding but presently we don’t serve your area

We don’t cover your postcode right now; however we’re always extending our reach and may be able to support your journey towards greener living in the future.

Seems like this is, yet again, a postcode lottery!

So, why is E.On Next able to supply me with electricity, take my payments and bill me for my energy, and then say they don't 'serve my area'?

Supplier obligations are supplier obligations, surely? They should not be based in any way, shape or form on my geographical location.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @retrotecchie

Usually there are swings and roundabouts, but sometimes only one.

I remember debating with somebody online about their lack of broadband access, and when I pointed out that many homes don't have main sewerage or gas, and eventually they agreed that essentially we have choice about where we live, and many locations have pluses or minuses.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.