Your Energy Price increase from 1st January

Community Manager
    Hello! I hope that you are all well!

Just a quick one as you may have started to get letters about this now so thought we’d pop up a bit of information.

On January 1st your prices will go on.

What does this increase mean?

Although the typical household energy bill will stay the same, some individual prices will begin to rise.

Your average bill amount will remain the same but some may still see their prices increase.

Why?

This is because Ofgem have to base their price cap calculation on the cost to provide energy to each customer based on different regions and different payment methods.

The EPG discount will remain the same for each customer.

You can see your old and new prices on the letter that is already on its way to you and how much this will change is based on your annual cost and the consumption information that we have for you.

Ofgem continues the promise to adhere to the price cap.

Dont forget…

The EPG is not a cap on your total bill - What you pay will still depend on how much energy you use.

• If you pay by Direct Debit the price you pay will be lower than if you don't. If you have been thinking about setting one up now would be a good time! You can do this via your online account if you have one, if you don't you can register to manage your account online anytime. here

• If you have a smart meter you won't need to worry about giving us any meter readings but if you don't it would be great to start if you were able to provide an up to date read on 1st January or up to 5 days after

We know that it has been a struggle for many of us this year and and will be an ongoing struggle, there a some saving tips that may help
    here and some further information if you are struggling with payments or would like more information here

And as always we are all here for you on the forum
    😊

Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 16-01-23 at 14:41.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

• 14 Replies

Level 6
    @Anasa_EONNext - I received a letter today informing me that my prices will increase on 1 January! How can my Unit rate - Day be more than the advertised rate for electricity, around 10p per kWh more? If you say you know it has been a struggle for many of us this year, why would continue to increase your prices?
    Level 92
    @MMA

Panic not. The government EPG discount will increase accordingly so once the discount is applied, your bottom line unit price will be roughly what it is now.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @MMA

the prices allowed by OFGEM will increase, the government subsidy will increase to cover the increase too, although the net price might vary a tiny amount as the regional prices are not all changing by the same amount.

the net prices will though increase by approximately 20% in April due to changes in the government subsidy
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 6
    @MMA

Panic not. The government EPG discount will increase accordingly so once the discount is applied, your bottom line unit price will be roughly what it is now.
    Thanks, it's all so confusing, I wish the prices would come back down, I guess that won't happen for a while longer yet?
    Level 92
    @MMA

Not until at least the third quarter of 2023, if not later, I'm afraid.

Level 91
    @MMA

Not until at least the third quarter of 2023, if not later, I'm afraid.

Agreed - those are the predictions from experts with a good track record.
    Level 1
    Funny enough I`m still waitinng for that letter to arrive but why bother when I got my bill today and wanted to jump out the window but what then? its only a short fall anyway! :D

I have no idea why my electric bill rate is the same while the gas is 2.2kWh :-/ but send an email and hopefully someone will explain. As looking at the regional prices I`m nowhere near them :D its time to get some woodburners into our homes
    Level 92
    @Limited

No need for a letter as the prices are actually broadly the same for the next three months. The unit prices have gone up but the EPG discount has been increased to match. The bottom line differences are small fractions of a penny. You will of course get a letter when they announce the 20% price rises for April.
    Level 1
    I haven't had any correspondence from Eon Next about changes to tariff from 1st Jan. However looking at my account I have noticed that the unit prices for Gas and Elec have reduced this month but standing charge has gone up?
    Elec was 47.70 unit and 47.55 standing charge, NOW 31.87 unit and 49.93 standing charge
    Gas was 13.93 unit and 27.13 standing charge, NOW 10.20 unit and 28.48 standing charge

Why has this happened if prices are meant to be rising?