Help! Actual cost of my heating per hour!

Level 1
    I hope someone can help me here, my SMETS1 gas meter isn't giving accurate costs to my IHD since I migrated from npower to eon next. Electricity is fine though. It's telling me my gas usage per hour for my heating is 13p but this is at an old tariff of 3p per unit rate, we're paying 10p a unit now so I was wondering if there's a way to figure out how much it's actually costing me at todays prices per hour? I've looked online but I can't seem to find anything there.
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @AMJ

You need to drop an email to hi@eonnext.com with your details and account number and Tariff Update for Meters in the subject. They should be able to push a tariff update to your meters/IHD.

The only other way to do it is manually read your meter and interpolate your costs for that. You won't get real time hourly data, but you should be able to work out average costs per day easily enough and an average hourly approximation.

If your gas meter isn't actually working...that's another issue.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 04-12-22 at 13:31.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie I've tried that, they did it but it didn't work. It's not responding and an update is needed which they don't have a time frame for. That's all too technical for me I just thought I could try and figure out the difference per hour it's not an approximate but just a better idea I'm after. Thanks though for responding 😊
    Last edited by AMJ; 04-12-22 at 14:25.
    Level 91
    @AMJ if you have the consumption data then it’s simply a case of multiplying that by the tariff price and adding VAT.
    the information you require is in your bill.

you heating will not be on constantly, so an hourly figure might not be that useful. A daily figure would be better.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.