oil payment

Level 92
    @gbhxu

It's the electric suppliers who ultimately tell you if you get it or not. They are the ones applying the discount, not DWP or the Government.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @gbhxu

So you don’t like the way it’s being done. But the help when it arrives, will be gratefully received by the vast majority.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 12
    No.

It all boils down to the fact that the Government don't know who my electricity supplier is. It could be one of 24 companies.

It's not how it was before privatisation. Your location used to govern which supplier you were with.
    Level 92
    @gbhxu

The government can very easily ascertain who your supplier is, I have been informed. Through another agency, UK Power Networks, they can request access to the database of MPAN numbers which will tell them who the supplier is for every MPAN at every address on the database.
    Level 12
    How do E-ON know that i am using Oil for heating /hot water

FYI it's supposed to be paid today
    Level 92
    Well, any time from today onwards...

From Section 2 - Legal Framework of the information given to suppliers from the Government:

2.3 The Direction is issued pursuant to Condition 59 of the Standard Conditions of electricity supply licence and applies to any domestic electricity supplier. The purpose of the Direction is to require that a domestic electricity supplier provides and delivers AFP to its eligible customers and submits to the reporting, audit and financial management requirements of the scheme.

2.4 The Direction comes into force on 25 January 2023 and has effect for one year, with the period for all payments to be completed finishing on 30 June 2023.

2.5 This Guidance is issued by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to domestic electricity suppliers – a person who holds a licence granted under section 6(1)(d) of the Act and who supplies or intends to supply electricity to domestic customers – to support the implementation of the scheme.

So there is plenty of 'wiggle room' for payments, it would appear.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 06-02-23 at 10:27.
    Level 92
    Speaking to a few of my neighbours this morning (all fifty-one properties in our small village are 'off grid' and qualify for AFP), two of them had their £200 AFP credited today as a payment directly into their bank accounts, the other four have been told their email vouchers for PAYG are on the way today and should arrive no later than tomorrow. Just myself and one other haven't even had a supplier message even confirming we're getting the payments.

"Who's your supplier?" I asked them. No prizes for guessing!

To quote Graham Stuart, MP, from BEIS:

"The vast majority, including many homes in rural areas, will get it automatically through their electricity supplier as a credit on their bill throughout February. A small minority of customers, such as those living in park homes or on static houseboats with no direct energy supplier, will need to apply to receive the payment through an online portal that will launch later this month.

Meanwhile from Wednesday, energy suppliers will also be able to start making payments to businesses and both public and voluntary sector organisations that use alternative fuels to heat their buildings. A credit of £150 will be provided to eligible customers across the UK through the Non-Domestic Alternative Fuel Payment scheme (ND-AFP). Suppliers will deliver this support up to 10 March, with most customers expected to receive it later this month. There is no need to contact your supplier."

So the timescale is 'throughout February'. Fair enough, but how come several other suppliers seem to be able to get their act together and expedite these things much faster, but E.On Next appear to be dragging their heels?

Last edited by retrotecchie; 07-02-23 at 12:48.