EBSS Not Deducated Help, Direct Debit

Level 1
    Hi i'm eligable for the EBSS and my account should be recieving the £67 off per month, I'm on a variable plan, I have not recieved my discount at all even being told I will be, my october bill says £91.17 and after discount it should be £42.44 but i was charged the £91.17 also novembers bill is £92.79 DR and says i have £66.00 CR but i'm still being charged £92.79, I have no recieved no refund in my bank or nothing, I have spoken to E.ON on twitter and their response is:

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. Just looking at your account it looks like you are on a variable payment schedule which means means your monthly direct debit changes depending on your usage. I can see that your energy bills support scheme payments have been applied as a credit onto your account for October and November - it looks like we were unable to get them applied to the direct debit amount itself because the amount is not a set amount each month and so it varies so in some instances the payment has been added as a credit so that customers still got the payment. Your current balance is -£92.79. Sorry for any confusion with that. Kind regards Hayley

I have never missed a payment, I simply wait for the money to be taken out of my account, I really was relying on this payment, any answers?
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    @EDM89

The £66 has been credited to your energy account. Have a look at your full pdf bills on the online account, and see what your account balance and hence how much payment would have been needed without it. The transactions will show the £66 as a CR because it has been credited to the account already.

You need to look at your statements to see how the bill works out.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    I had the same issue this month and got exactly the same response!

My direct debit isn’t variable at all. They should of knocked the £67 off it like they did last month but they didn’t, and they are refusing to acknowledge or apologise for taking the wrong amount from my bank account.

I’ve complained numerous times and they just ignore me - they are not in the slightest bit interested.

Their customer service is non-existent.