EON SOLAR - managing customer expectations

Level 5
    To manage expectations and save time. it would be advisable for any customer contemplating EON Solar to speak to 3-4 experienced other providers/ installers before spending 40+ minutes on an EON video consultation. And perhaps also watch some experts' YouTube videos first.

At the beginning of the EON consultation, start with some basic YES/ NO questions, eg:

1. Do you know what a DIVERTER is for?
    2. Do you know how many circuits a DIVERTER could feed during a power-cut?
    3. If NO to 1 or 2 - do you understand why customers would want to use Solar and/ or battery to power their house during a power-cut?
    4. Do you know how the break-even/ pay-back point is calculated, ie how many years before costs are covered and profits commence?
    5. Do you know how many watts each solar panel can produce?
    6. Are the proposed batteries LiFePO4?
    7. Are you aware that an EON-fitted smart meter itself will not enable Economy 7, unless the house already has Economy 7 meters?
      And do you know that it would cost £157 to fit Economy 7 meters?

Probably best not to waste any more time if any of the responses are:- NO, or don't know, or "well it depends", or "I am not an electrician".

If responses are mainly Yes, then also ask eg:
    Is there an EON solar or solar+battery home installation nearby that EON could arrange for me to contact for a viewing?
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    @Sceptical

Hey

Appreciate it's been a while, I was just wondering did you go ahead with your install? Even if it wasn't with us, did you manage to find a good quote?

I would always say it's best to contact Eon Solar Solutions with the above, as they are the team who are best placed to deal with things like that. for future reference or if anyone stumbles on this thread here are the details for our Eon Solar Solutions team,

solarsupport@eonenergy.com
    0345 366 5981
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Community Team
    Morning @Sceptical

Hannah here 👋 - I'm so sorry to hear it was a long process getting sorted 🤔 & I'm sorry that we are only just picking this up with you!
    Our Solar outbound team have had a lot of training and are ready to support our customers in any way that we can 😁, did you manage to get this sorted? Or do you still need some help ? 😊
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈