Pending payment has not yet been applied

Level 1
    Hello,
    Regarding the pending payment has not yet been applied. I have make the payment on 2 Nov. and communicate with CS said they will solve and will be shown within 2-3 days. Now, the payment still pending. but the new payment has issued. I am struggling what can I do. Appreciate if anyone can give me advice. thank you
  • 4 Replies

Level 92
    @cowry

This has happened to me a couple of times. I presume your bank account has been debited as expected?

My last payment showed 'not yet applied' for a few days and then everything sorted itself out. I fear that their systems updating the online account statements do sometimes get backed up somewhat. It is frustrating not to have up to the minute information but I would expect it to resolve within a few days. Yours seems to be taking rather longer for some reason, and I can only suggest an email to hi@eonnext.com with your account details and ask them to give things a prod for you.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie Thank you for your advice. It is the first time happened to me so I am overwhelmed.
    Level 92
    @cowry

I'm sure it's just an issue with updating of the information in your online account or app. As I say, sometimes things do appear 'stuck' and need a kick every so often.

Always good to double check against your bank to confirm a direct debit has gone out if you think it's not showing up on your energy account. Payment not yet applied usually means they physically have the money and the payment has been correctly processed, but updating your transactions or statements can sometimes get held up. Incidentally, when my account updated after four days, the DD was posted on my transactions on the correct day it left the bank.

All was well, it just took time!😀
    @retrotecchie Thank you for your advice. It is the first time happened to me so I am overwhelmed.
    cowry: retrotecchies reply is exactly right. Sometimes the pending payments clear in a couple of days, and sometimes it takes a few days longer. I have two separate accounts for electricity and gas, and the electricity payment always clears a day or two before the gas one, but as retrotecchie so rightly says, the day they are eventually posted on the transactions always shows as the correct date they left my bank account.