Energy Shift is a CON

View Tag Cloud
    Level 6
    I signed up. First shift it said i didn’t meet target. I had no lights on at all but had tv on. My smart hud was showing below expected target for payment. I didn’t qualify.
    Signed up for the next one. I wasn’t even home. I was at a funeral. So No lights, no tv, absolutely nothing but base load of fridge and freezer. I didn’t qualify.
    Please explain how I’m supposed to qualify for payment if even when no one in and drawing no load above base?

Eon, I’ll wait for a good answer.
    Level 16
    I signed up. First shift it said i didn’t meet target. I had no lights on at all but had tv on. My smart hud was showing below expected target for payment. I didn’t qualify.
    Signed up for the next one. I wasn’t even home. I was at a funeral. So No lights, no tv, absolutely nothing but base load of fridge and freezer. I didn’t qualify.
    Please explain how I’m supposed to qualify for payment if even when no one in and drawing no load above base?

I agree!!!
    Level 91
    @koyunbaba
    There’s another thread with the same or similar name. Others have reported failing the test but have subsequently had word that it was an error and they had actually passed. It’s a trial so anything can happen.

I did my first one last Tuesday and have heard nothing. For the chance of earning £1.09 I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle so my first go may turn out to be my last.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 16
    @koyunbaba
    There’s another thread with the same or similar name. Others have reported failing the test but have subsequently had word that it was an error and they had actually passed. It’s a trial so anything can happen.

I did my first one last Tuesday and have heard nothing. For the chance of earning £1.09 I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle so my first go may turn out to be my last.

It makes no sense that I have my FAIL results for Tuesday and Thursday and you don't have your results.

If you are still waiting for your result then possibly it has gone to some back room COBRA committee to decide like VAR.
    Level 91
    @Actual
    Just checked and found an email received at 5pm telling me I passed. Reduced by 69% and got £2.15p.

I’ll put the next invitation to a family vote.
    Level 1

I think it's a con too. Done it 3 times. First cut my usage by 84% by turning off everything except my fridge freezer - credit £1.02. Did exactly the same the 2nd time but only cut my usage by 71% - £0.54 credit. The 3rd time again did exactly the same and it cut my usage by only 45% - £0.19 credit! It's not worth the nuisance! I will not lower my heating, which is set to go no higher than 18deg as I have arthritis.
    Level 1
    The first one hour shift we tried we didn't meet our target. The second one we did was on the 12th for 2 hours. We turned everything off except 1 lamp and the fridge freezer. No heating,no TV we had our tea after the time was up. Today I received the email saying we hadn't reached our target. I don't see what more we could do. I would love to hear from someone as to why we didn't meet our target and if anyone has managed to. I won't be doing it again.
    Level 16
    @AJ22

I also replied to your post in the other thread.

What was your typical usage and target usage becuase it appears that some people's electricity consumption is already so low that they don't have any realistic prospect of reaching a meaningful target.

You may have failed because more and more people say that the Energy Shift is a CON.
    Level 2
    So in December, I took part in the energy shift, and earned £2 on each occasion. Not a huge amount of money, but when you are struggling 'every little helps' as a well known supermarket would say. On one event I got 94% reduction and was rewarded £2.17.

This last event, I did exactly the same, switched everything off, went to the gym. So exactly as before. Results came in, I achieved 90% reduction, but was rewarded £1.22.

Please someone try and explain to me why that might be? I'm no rocket scientist but even my basic maths can see that this isn't right.

The national grid can go sh*ft themselves as far as I'm concerned. People are trying to do their bit, and already greedy companies are taking advantage.

Yours
    freezingmynutsoff