Living in a park home

Level 1
    Hi All,
    Im Kat and this is my first post hoping someone can help me!
    I live in a park home and need to find out how I would get the financial help the government has said every household will get with the electricity bills every month. Does anyone know please?
    Many thanks
    Kat
  • 5 Replies

Level 92
    The residents of Park homes normally buy their electricity via sub meters from the site owner (intermediary), so do not usually have a direct supplier customer relationship with an energy company.

You should still be eligible for the £400 support but I think it is administered somewhat differently.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...intermediaries

I suspect you and your fellow residents will need a discussion with your site management in the first instance.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 05-11-22 at 15:23.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 92
    @Mistrykat

The key point is that your park home site managers are under a legal obligation to explain what's what.

To share information with end users regarding the benefit

It is the responsibility of the intermediary to take reasonable steps to notify the end user in writing that they have been provided support and how much they are intending to pass on. This includes relevant intermediaries notifying end users if no benefit will be passed through. These reasonable steps could include a letter, email, or other type of message sent directly to the end user. A general notice on a website would not normally be sufficient unless that is the primary method that the intermediary and end user use to communicate.
    This information must be shared within 30 days once the benefit is provided to the intermediary or within 30 days of the regulations coming into force for scheme benefits provided to relevant intermediaries before the Pass-through Regulations came into force. It must set out:

• how much benefit has been provided to the intermediary
    • how much will be passed through to the end user
    • if applicable, when and how this will be passed on
    • if applicable, any steps the intermediary is taking to correct an error in previously passed-through scheme benefit
    • how end users can appeal to the relevant intermediary
    • that if end users do not receive the scheme benefit it is entitled to recover as a civil debt

If you have been provided financial support from the Energy Price Guarantee, Energy Bills Support Scheme, and/or the Energy Bills Relief Scheme, you must still notify your end users that you have received it. If you do not deem it appropriate to pass on some or all of the benefit, this notification must outline why this would be just and reasonable.
    Reasonable steps to make contact can include but are not limited to:

• by letter
    • by email
    • by text or instant message
    • in a newsletter, or
    • message clearly posted on a physical notice board
    Level 92
    @Mistrykat

IF, on the other hand you have your own top up meter, you get a statement and bills from eon, and the meter is associated with your own personal electricity account, and nothing to do with the site, you would either get top up vouchers through the post, or if you have a smart pay as you go meter, then your meter should be automatically credited the £66/67 a month over the next six months.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie Thank you. We do not have accounts with Eon it’s all in our landlords’ name. We buy cards to insert into our meters. I contacted Eon who told me that the government were going to pass legislation so that landlords were passing on the help.
    I think I will get my landlord to get in touch with Eon.
    Thank you so much
    Level 92
    @Mistrykat

I hope it helps. Might take a little longer trying to go through your channels rather than the direct supplier/customer route, but you should still be entitled to similar benefit.