November EBSS Payment Refunds

Community Team
    Morning Community ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is not a business wide issue but I wanted to make you aware if anyone had any questions. On very few energy accounts we have refunded your November ยฃ67 EBSS payment.

We have had a few problems lowering a very small number of peoples direct debit ๐Ÿ‘Ž. Therefore in small cases we have issued a refund of the EBSS payment directly into your bank account. You can process a manual repayment to put this back into your energy account if you wish to do so. You can do this by Contacting Us and making a payment, or via your online account/app - if you go into your payments section you will see the tab 'make a one off payment'.

As I have mentioned this only applies to a very small number of accounts; you will most likely have your direct debit deducted like last month.

I believe this is just a one off incident for the November payment, but I will let you know as soon as we find out more for you ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Last edited by Beki; 22-11-22 at 12:59.
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
  • 5 Replies

Level 1
    @Han_EONNext
    Can you tell me how to get vouchers for pre payment meter from energy bills support scheme
    Community Team
    Good afternoon John,
    Great question! We send the vouchers to you via post and you can redeem those at your local post office ๐Ÿ˜Š.

One of our lovely Community Co-Ordinators @Anasa_EONNext has put together a thread to explain EBSS Payments so if you need any further assistance please have a read over that.
    Level 1
    @Han_EONNext you have taken the full payment from my bank account and not deducted the ebss payment from the dd which was very distressing and we needed that money for other bills. I have whatsapped you and facebook messaged and have had no reply in over 3 days are you able to refund us the money please
    Level 1
    @Han_EONNext you have also deducted full payment from my bank account, thus distorting my plans and causing me stress. I have whatapped and called yet no reply. Also the smart meter in my house is reading abnormally even when all appliances are switched off it showing red and the numbers keeps increasing in seconds. Please what is happening.....I need answers ASAP or you leave me no option but to switch network
    Community Team
    Good evening guys!
    @stuhere & @Chidinma - I am so sorry to hear that things haven't gone smoothly this time around!
    Our customer service channels are still extremely busy so its taking agents longer to reply to you, but once they can - they will!
    The payments can be hard to understand sometimes, what would be beneficial to you is to go through the recent emails that was sent to you outlling the payments and amounts.

- Your Direct Debit has likely been reviewed/increased in line with the new EPG rates from 1st October onwards.
    - We made our customers aware of this if your DD needed to change on 21st September.
    - If your Direct Debit payment was due to be taken within 10 working days of the email being sent to you, the increase wouldn't take effect until Novembers payment, to ensure we've provided you with 10 working days notice or more for the Direct Debit change.
    - Your new Direct Debit amount will include the EBSS payments as a reduction by ยฃ67 a month from October to March, and you'll still benefit from ยฃ400 worth of credit being applied to your account during this period, regardless of when the change to your Direct Debit was made for October or November.

So in other words: in October we ran payment checks in line with the new EPG rates, we found that your DD is not high enough - it has now been changed to reflect this.
    This would have all been explained in an email sent to you ๐Ÿ˜