E.ON Next Community Highlights October 2022

Community Team
    Does anyone else feel like this year is going super quick?
    I can't believe its the end of October🎃!
    Over here in the Community we had a lot of things going on in October, here are our highlights for the month.

Firstly, we smashed 15,000 posts and we reached 12,000 members and we even celebrated our 2nd birthday🎂! We also got to host our first ever virtual Community event where we celebrated our member's achievements with an award ceremony. Please have a glance over our Award Ceremony post to find out more and get the inside scoop 😊.

Around the Community you may have seen some exciting changes! Most importantly we added a Service Updates board. We listened to your feedback and we understand that there is a need to be more transparent and frequent with our Community. The new addition means that our Community will be updated with important information much sooner than later.

We've seen lots of queries posted in relation to the Energy Price Guarantee and the uncertainty around this, from how it works to what you've been seeing on your account. It's great to see the conversations happening in relation to this, helping each other to understand what you're seeing and sharing your experiences on ways to cut back on energy usage during this time.

Whilst on the topic of energy usage... we want to highlight that E.ON Next is taking part in the National Grid's Demand Reduction Service. The Energy Shift Scheme will be running from November through to March 2023 and will focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption during peak hours. Those using less energy in peak hours will receive a credit tp their Energy Account. To read more about the scheme please head over to 👉 E.ON's Energy Shift.

We hope that you have all had a lovely month 😊
    Enjoy your halloween!!
    Hannah
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
  • 5 Replies

Level 92
    Does anyone else feel like this year is going super quick?
    I can't believe its the end of October🎃!
    Hannah

Tell me about it...it doesn't seem like a year ago I had to do my last tax return!!!
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    @retrotecchie It sure has gone super quick!! 😱.

I have even started buying Christmas gifts! Not sure I fancy working out my own taxes...have fun though 😉
    Level 92
    @Han_EONNext

The tax wasn't too bad. An afternoon getting the accounts done, then an hour putting the numbers in on the HMRC website. Slightly more involved than submitting my meter readings, naturally, but all done for another year. Yay! Talking of meter readings, must nip and read mine...
    Community Team
    Is it sad that I enjoy doing taxes 😏😂 My husband was self employed, I used to do his taxes for him and I loved it!!
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

I run my own Limited Company, so it is a little more involved. But strangely, I rather enjoy doing it myself too. Perhaps an accountant could find me a few tweaks and save me a bit of Corporation Tax, but I'd have to pay them a lot more than I'd save on the tax bill, and I wouldn't have half as much fun.

It wasn't so much the doing of the tax I minded so much. More like 'where on earth did the last year go'?! The more chronologically gifted we become, the faster the pages seem to turn on the calendar!