New House Move

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Moved to new property on Friday previously supplied by EON. Trying to contact someone to set up an account, being trying since Friday no answer on phones, don’t respond to email it would appear the customer service is very questionable.
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Good afternoon @Ernie

Hannah here 😊 - Did you manage to get this sorted?

As @JoeSoap kindly pointed out - we we're extremely busy at the time of posting!
    We've listened, and we've made some changes.. so you can now move in and out of your property online!
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 91
    @Ernie

Customer Service are snowed-under at present so a reply to an email etc can take many days. If you phone as soon as they open at 9am then you may get through in minutes... otherwise you may be hours on hold.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 21
    @Ernie
    If you've not already got it sorted, a photo of todays' dated newspaper and your meter showing its reading can be a foolproof start date and billing start number, just in case the previous homeowner had moved out without paying some of the bills. It shouldn't be necessary, but to have that photo in your files gives you a definitive starting point which you can go back to in the event that someone else were being unreasonable. This works best with plain old clicky-dial meters and with the new sort you'd need to find out which buttons to press. Good news with SMETS2 "smart" meters is that EON might get the numbers through automaticly, in which case you should ask which buttons to press so that you see and verify at least one number to check that your bill really did start from your moving in day.

Somebody else said phone. I've had better luck by email to hi@eonnext.com with the first sentance clearly saying what you are contacting them about.