New DD

Level 2
    Please can someone help me. I have been on a fixed rate from October 2021 to October 2022 paying £80 a month with a current credit £365.

My new DD for November is £144 then in March £211 I can’t understand how that can be as my usage is so little.

I have used the various calculators putting in my yearly usage for both gas and electric and it’s no where near this £211 in March.

Annually it’s going to £2541

I have added up my statements Elec paid is £367.33 Gas is £355.40

total used combined is £722.73

I haven’t had a letter yet this was confirmed to me on the phone yesterday.

I have asked for them to refund my credit as apparently it’s not taken if your renewal so when that comes it will be given back to help with DD

There is only one income into my home and I have always been careful with energy due to this. At the moment I am paying more on standard charge than usage.

I might add that I had problems when moved from Eon to Eon Next in the binging with what a would call a run away meter, numbers going up far more quickly. This was reported at the time.

Hope someone can help - thank you
    Last edited by amlmri; 24-09-22 at 07:34. Reason: spelling
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @amlmri

It's going to cost most of us a lot more from 1st October. When you do your calculations please make sure you use the new rates that will be in effect from then. They will be in the region of 34.0p/kWh and 46.0p/day for electricity and 10.3p/kWh and 28.0p/day for gas. It's always good to build in a bit of slack if you can afford it in case we have a harsh winter.

If your calculations are not in agreement with your forecast then you can contact Eon Next from a position of strength to negotiate and reach some agreement.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    @amlmri

Just wanted to say I agree with JoeSoap.

However do remember your Fixed tariff will have ended and they will put you on their Flexi Tariff, so you'll be paying more.

The reason your DD will increase again in March is due to the fact your winter DD are factoring in the £400 Energy Bills Support Scheme the Government is providing. Hope that makes sense.