Am I getting smart meter readings or not?

Level 1
    When I log into my account on the E.ON Next website, I get the message, "We’re having trouble getting readings from your smart meter". (I can see some historical 'smart' readings in my meter read history, but nothing recent).

However, when I go into the E.ON Next app on my phone and click the usage tab, I'm shown my electricity usage up until the previous day, and the aggregate kWh keeps going up each day. Which would suggest E.ON can get my smart meter readings.

So either the website has a problem and can't display the data, or the app isn't displaying actual data and is estimating usage?

Does anyone have a similar issue, any idea what's happening or how to resolve it?

FYI - we're in an (electric-only) flat too far away from the meters to have an in-home display.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @wdgc

When was the last smart reading according to your meter read history? If it was more than a month ago then are you still getting monthly bills and are they based on actual readings or are they estimated?

If your last smart meter readings according to your meter read history are more than a month ago and you have stopped receiving bills (or they are estimated) then the first thing I would do is to submit a manual reading to bring your account up to date.

If you still think your meter is not sending readings then if you can post a photo of your meter and comms hub here with details of what the lights are doing and mention @theunknowntech in your post then hopefully you will get some good advice.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.