I have switched to London Power

Level 1
    Like many others I was forced onto eon from npower. The first thing eon did was try to increase my DD amount from £150 to £160 per month and force me to use a smart meter. London Power are charging £92 and I don't need a smart meter. It was a no-brainer really.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Staff
    Best Answer
    Hi Switched, thanks for taking the time to post!

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience, if we can do anything to change your mind & look into your DD with you, please let us know. You can send me a private message through the community, or you are welcome to pop over to our Facebook and Twitter pages and ask one of our amazing Digital Operations Team to give you a hand - they're available 8am-10pm 365 days a year!

Hopefully we'll speak soon!

Beth :)
    (She/her)
    Level 1
    The time to give me a better deal was before I switched. What does it say about you as a company if you are able to find a better deal but only if someone threatens to leave? I have posted here to let people know there are better and cheaper options elsewhere. Don't be scared to move on from eon. The switch was really easy and it has saved me a lot of money. I also wasn't forced into getting a smart meter.

Re: smart meters, eon don't guarantee a SMETS2 "We’ll always attempt to install a new generation SMETS2 smart meter first for you. If we can’t we’ll install a SMETS1 smart meter, even though it’s past the SMETS1 end date." - https://www.eonenergy.com/smart-meters.html

This means even if you stick with eon and their smart meter then it's possible that you won't be able to switch suppliers without your smart meter going dumb. If they give you a SMETS1 then you'd have to have another smart meter installed if you wanted to switch.