Feed in tariffs are in the order of ripping us off

View Tag Cloud
    Level 0
    Please EON: it is simply not right for energy companies to buy imported energy from our solar panels at single figures like 4p/kWh when you are charging about than 10 times that when we buy it from you. When things are not fair like this, you DO have the power to do something about it. Or you can simply choose to take advantage of us.
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Actually, the Export Tariff rates for the Feed-in Tariff are not set by FiT Licensees, but by the BEIS, as per https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environment...s-and-payments . Energy suppliers have no say in what the rates are so it's the same no matter which licensee you go with.

Smart Export Guarantee Export Tariff rates however, are a business decision for each individual SEG Licensee. If you're on SEG and don't like the rate you're getting from your current SEG Licensee, just move to another one.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    @theunknowntech

e.on want to charge me 53p per kWh that I use and pay me 3p per kWh that I produce.

I got paid £211.86 over the course of the last year for the energy that i produced.

At 3p per kWh, this means I generated over 7000 kWh of electricity.

My usage is 1800 kWh per year. E.on states that this will cost me over £1000 when I move to the variable tariff next month.

You said that energy companies have no say in what the rates are. Yes, 3p is the bare minimum that energy companies have to pay us for the energy we produce, however they could pay us more if they wanted. I'm not asking for 53p per kWh but an amount that is slightly fairer.

53p if i am buying and 3p if i am selling is absolutely disgusting!!

Where is the incentive to reduce our carbon footprint when energy companies rip people off like this.

When I had the solar panels fitted all those years ago, I was paying about 15p per kWh and getting paid 3p. How is it that the price of energy has continually gone up year after year, yet my feed in tariff has never faltered from this flat rate!!

Octopus energy are offering 15p per kWh of energy produced if they also supply your energy. So how is it they can pay more than 3p per kWh if energy companies have no say?

Needless to say, I am currently in talks with octopus to switch to them.
    Please EON: it is simply not right for energy companies to buy imported energy from our solar panels at single figures like 4p/kWh when you are charging about than 10 times that when we buy it from you. When things are not fair like this, you DO have the power to do something about it. Or you can simply choose to take advantage of us.

They have the power to change this but are too greedy to do so.

Check out Octopus energy, they are offering 15p per kWh if you switch to them

I am currently in the process of swiching to Octopus Energy, they have also confirmed that they will be paying me 15p per kWh of electricity exported to the grid.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 05-11-22 at 16:01. Reason: Spam