No IHD and SMETS1 Gas meter not sending readings (needs update?)

Level 5
    Hello,

I've been with E.on Next since Igloo went bust, and only my electricity readings were sent automatically but gas readings aren't being sent.

I called for an IHD a while back because I didn't have one when I moved in here, but they basically just said to use a smart plug to monitor power usage which is kinda incredibly useless. So for now, I have to get a chair or step ladder to view my meter. Now, don't get me wrong, I did have to do the same when I was with Igloo but they at least gave estimates on statements so at least it was something when I forgot to send a reading.

I have read @theunknowntech 's guide about IHDs and have contacted Hildebrand (and downloaded their Bright app).

Unfortunately according to Hildebrand, it seems like the Trilliant SEAP-2001-V hub currently doesn't allow the Glow to join the HAN (currently flashing Orange) so it won't be useful at this point and I won't be able to place an order. However, the DCC apparently is aware of the issue and are trying to fix it and I've been added to a list to get notified when it's fixed.

Hildebrand also mentioned my Gas Proxy Firmware is out of date and I need to ask you at E.on Next to update it:

"you need to ask your energy supplier to please update the Gas Proxy Firmware on your Communication Hub to version 220A0000. Currently yours is two iterations older - 22070000. We recommend you ask for the smart meter technical team at your supplier, they will know how to manage this. Once that is done, your gas data will start to flow into Bright."

Is there anyone here that can help get this updated? I'm not really expecting to be able to get the gas data anyway but it'd be nice to be up to date at least and check if it would work. I tried calling customer service but they weren't able to help unfortunately.

Gas meter: L+G G370
    Electric meter: L+G something (unsure, there's paint over the model number) looks like this one: https://www.landisgyr.eu/product/landisgyr-e470/
    Comms hub: Trilliant SEAP-2001-V
  • 9 Replies

Level 78
    Howdy @Alvie !

I hope you found my guide useful then. :)

I'll see if @PeterT_EONNext can try a few tricks first as he might be able to get something working, but he's also able to escalate this if needed.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 5
    @theunknowntech yeah, the guide was certainly useful! Thanks :)

It's just unfortunate the way things are set up right now, and how long it takes for these things to get fixed I guess (though I understand they have to get it right with no bugs).
    Level 5
    Just adding a picture of the meters here in case they help. The HAN light on the hub is flashing (slowly) red.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 78
    Oh shoot. If you've got a red HAN light... That's not good!

I diagnose a Dead HAN by the looks of things. :(
    Community Team
    Hi @Alvie thanks for sending all of the information you have, it's really helpful.

I've had a look over your account and meter details, and we have your gas meter down as a 'non compliant SMETS1 Smart Meter' which means, we'll never be able to communicate with this or send out updates to it.

What we can do though, is replace both of your meters with newer, functioning SMETS2 meters. To do this, we'll need to get you booked in for a dual fuel faulty meter appointment, then an engineer can come and change both of your meters for you.

I can't do this with you over here, so you will need to get in touch with customer services (you can find all the ways to do this via the link in my signature below)

To avoid any confusion when you do get in touch, I've pinned a note to the very top of your account stating that this appointment needs to be booked, so the person you speak to will know what they need to do.

Let us know how you get on!

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext awesome, thank you so much, I'll contact them tomorrow and hopefully we can book the meter replacement in. Out of curiosity, will it also come with an IHD?
    Level 5
    @theunknowntech thanks :) I really appreciate you volunteering your time to help out people like me!
    Level 5
    Hi @Alvie thanks for sending all of the information you have, it's really helpful.

I've had a look over your account and meter details, and we have your gas meter down as a 'non compliant SMETS1 Smart Meter' which means, we'll never be able to communicate with this or send out updates to it.

What we can do though, is replace both of your meters with newer, functioning SMETS2 meters. To do this, we'll need to get you booked in for a dual fuel faulty meter appointment, then an engineer can come and change both of your meters for you.

I can't do this with you over here, so you will need to get in touch with customer services (you can find all the ways to do this via the link in my signature below)

To avoid any confusion when you do get in touch, I've pinned a note to the very top of your account stating that this appointment needs to be booked, so the person you speak to will know what they need to do.

Let us know how you get on!

Pete 😊
    Seems like they aren't able to book an appointment to replace the meters (or seems like specifically the gas meter) at the moment, they didn't fully explain why but they did escalate it or something similar because the meters are in quite a hard to reach spot. They said they'll get back to me at some point but I'm not holding my breath for now I guess.

Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate the community team here, all of you are definitely doing an amazing job from what I can see :)
    Last edited by Alvie; 07-09-22 at 14:50. Reason: Add thank you message