Not getting electric smart readings (gas is fine)

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    Hello,

I am located in the South (Surrey) with EON Next and had SMETS2 smart meters installed feb 2020.

Since they were installed my gas readings have been updating fine but they have never received an electric reading. My understanding is that gas meter talks to electric meter and then electric sends both. So it doesn’t seem to be a signal problem to the network as the gas readings gets through… what could it be?

electric meter = L+G E470 type 5424
    gas meter = L+G G470 672
    comms hub = WNC UBC-TN6 SKU1 Cellular

All the lights (except MESH) flash green every 5 seconds or so.

IHD is fine and getting real-time data locally.

Contacted eon a dozen times or so and we don’t seem to get anywhere.

Any ideas? @theunknowntech

Many thanks in advance!

David
  • 37 Replies

Level 78
    Hmm... Most likely reason right now is probably just bad config. @PeterT_EONNext can probably fix this. :)
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @dlfranks

Sorry to hear this has happened (more so though that you've not managed to get this resolved for some time)

I've had a gander, and everything seems to be working fine 🤔 You're also absolutely right in your understanding with how this works, it all goes through the electricity meter and nothing is wrong with your hub as the gas readings are coming through normally.

I've manually requested an electricity reading for the 27th August, and this has come through fine! I'm not sure why these haven't been coming through to us, as you have what we call a billing schedule, which means we've instructed both meters to send the readings on the 27th of each month so both should have been coming through.

I've sent an update to your meters instructing them to do this (again) so come 27th September, both should come through to us now, as we are able to Communicate with both.

If for any reason this doesn't happen, pop back here on this thread and I'll escalate it with our Smart Team, as there isn't a real issue happening here, it's just a small glitch I believe (which is hopefully, now resolved 🤞)

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    Thanks Pete - hopefully all is fine. I have been manually submitting my readings around the 27th also, so is the one you pulled definately the "smart" version and not my manual one? (sorry if this is a silly question). Also on my EON Next app usage tab and I also have the Ivie bud app linked to my account, will it start getting daily/30 mins usage for electric going forward? I get this for gas but electric is always blank.
    @PeterT_EONNext hi, first time posting but came across this as we have exactly same issue. Gas readings are working fine but nothing is being sent for electric. Smets2 meter and unable to get a fix via customer support, although a few years ago now.

What do you need to know to do a test?
    Level 5
    I feel there is something stil not right with my electric meter reporting usage - my EON Next app is still showing no data for electricity usage and also my ivie app doesnt (both apps gets gas usage history fine)
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext I still think something is wrong, the eon next app and also my ivie app is not getting any usage data for electric (only gas). Please can you escalate to your smart meter team?

Just FYI - weirdly when I setup my new ivie bud just a few days ago a message came through on the IHD inbox saying welcome to avro energy?! Although the tarrif info is correct. Could that indicate something could be wrong?
    Community Team
    @dlfranks Yes, I was able to take the reading remotely from the Smart Meter (although I can see you entered one on the same date, so we won't alter the reading as we've already used the one you entered in your bill)

I've sent a couple of updates out to your electricity meter which should update some of the information you're seeing. You shouldn't be seeing Avro Energy as the supplier so it's likely that the meters firmware isn't up to date, which should change after the updates I've sent off today. Just to add, this won't effect anything if the prices are showing correctly.

There have been some issues with the usage area of the app for some of our customers which the tech team were aware of, please also make sure you're using the most up to date version of the app (released 4 days ago)

We're currently working on bringing the half-hourly data usage breakdown to the app, but at the moment, you'll only see this as a monthly/daily breakdown for now.

Just to clarify, your Ivie Bud isn't showing any usage information at all for the electricity?

- Pete
    Community Team
    Hi @Timberr

I can't access your account from here I'm afraid (as the email address you used to sign up for the Community would also need to be on your E.ON Next account)

If it's been a while since you spoke to customer support, it may be worth getting in touch again directly so that your issue can be looked into, as I won't be able to do this from here due to the above.

You can find all of the ways to get in touch here

Pete 😊