Electricity meter sends readings but gas meter does not

Level 1
    Hi all,

I had a smart meter installed in March of this year. The IHD shows the gas and electricity usage so I *thought* everything was working, but a month later I was getting emails reminding me to send meter readings. I ignored the emails because the email did say if you have a smart meter, you can ignore it!

When I checked my account on-line, I noticed an electricity reading listed once a month with SMART next to it, but no readings for gas since February, when I'd submitted the final reading myself from the old gas meter.

I also noticed that on the "submit meter reading" page, the dropdown lists two electric meters and only one gas. I assume that the company does not know about my smart meter for gas!

How do I go about getting the gas meter to be recognised by EON so it automatically sends readings?
  • 2 Replies

Level 78
    Hmm... Could just be a read schedule bug again... Got a sec @PeterT_EONNext ?
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @FeelTheBurn I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Smart meter readings being sent to us.

You're absolutely right, it looks like your electricity meter is showing correctly and sending readings, however, the gas meter is still showing as your old meter, as this failed to update on your account.

so this can get updated, there should be a sticker/tag on/near your gas meter which details the meter exchange (date, readings, meter serial numbers etc) are you able to send a picture of this over? Once I have this, I'll request for the info to be updated on your account (please also provide an up to date gas reading if you can)

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here