timings on different rates

Level 5
    Can't find an answer to this simple question - Our business is metered with three settings: Day, Night and Off Peak. Just want to know the timings for this?
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @steverwilliams

Sometimes there are time clocks which switch the meters. But we had a great deal of difficulty sorting out economy 7 and economy 10 settings for domestic customers (not always successfully!) and i thing business will be a bit too difficult for us. Monitoring will give you the quickest answer i think.

Possibly off peak is weekend use ?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    Not sure! Business tariffs are different to domestic tariffs. It will likely be regional though. Do your statements still refer to the 3 rates, or just two, or even just one?

So much changes over time in billing but usually these changes don't necessitate a change of meter.

Perhaps a video of the meters over one day will give you the answer.
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 17-08-22 at 15:02. Reason: added about video.
    Level 5
    Yes, it’s three separate readouts on the meter and the bills refer to the different tariffs as Night, Day and Off-Peak. Seems such a simple question and a bit bonkers to have to monitor the meter (it’s at my village hall which counts as a business) when someone from Eon could just tell me - I have asked. No reply.
    Level 43
    Hi @steverwilliams

It took me a few attempts with eon-next to confirm my E7 times, the common answer was 'it's between 11:30pm and 8:30am'. In the end I raised a complaint and they came back with the precise hours, which I checked myself by watching the meter for obvious reasons.

I could have checked the meter myself in the first place but to be honest, if I'm paying an energy supplier to supply me at different rates at different times, they should tell me exactly when those rates apply. After all, they can manage to bill me for the right rate at the right time. Being cynical, I think they deliberately try to avoid telling the customer the exact times.

I can't remember if it was npower or eon-next (I think npower), but when trying to confirm my E7 rates once I was asked what county I lived in, Warwickshire I replied..... Well that effectively ended that attempt as they had no idea whatsoever where Warwickshire was, I don't think it would have helped if they had have known as thinking would have been needed.