Verbal impairment, unable to call, no email reply

Level 0
    Hi,

im a disabled E.On customer with a verbal impairment. Because of this I’m unable to call customer service and talk on the phone. E.on are aware as this is noted on my account and has been for years.

They took a meter reading back in May that was completely wrong. We discovered the problem at the beginning of this month and sent a corrected meter reading for gas that was still lower than their incorrect reading in May.

Despite this they’re emailing me with messages asking for an additional payment outside of my direct debit, and it’s money that we can’t really afford to lose, especially when the account should get credit for the months of being over charged.

I’ve emailed them twice on the 2nd august and the 8th august just asking for clarification of the charges and why their reading was wrong (increasing our bill substantially in the process), and I’ve had no reply. I’m very careful with money, so the repeating emails demanding hundreds of pounds are starting to cause me significant distress.

i decided today that I should complain - it’s unfair not to be able to get the same support as someone without problems communicating. But guess what? You can’t complain by email, you have to call in. So now I’m stuck.

I’ve been in tears on several days, worrying about the emails requesting money and where I’m going to find it.

This whole situation is unfair, and making me unwell.

how do I get some assistance please? Calling can’t be the only option because it rules out so many people.

thanks for reading. Kaz
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Good afternoon @Kazalot,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the lack of communication surrounding your account and unanswered emails. We do have a complaints email: unhappy@eonnext.com as well as hi@eonnext.com for general quieries, what is the address that you have emailed?

Recently we introduced SignLive that enables customers to use BSL to communicate with us over the phone. Here at E.ON Next, we are all about putting our customers first and being inclusive of all abilities, and we do not feel that because you have a verbal impairment that you should not be able to contact us about anything. You can read more about our changes here 👉 introducing SignLive.

We also have many ways that you can contact us if you do not feel like calling us up, these include: Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or our own Community email. So if you ever do need to contact us again have a look over our contact us page to see what options suit you the best.

You have certainly come to the right place and our community welcomes all opinions, feedback and complaints. And we can put everything right for you.
    Please directly send us a email at: community@eonnext.com including your account details. We would like to open a complaint into the situation and get this sorted out for you as soon as possible and ensure that this does not happen for anyone else to experience in the future.

Take care,
    Hannah
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈