Moving in to new place where EON is the provider

Level 1
    Hi!
    Im moving next week and the provider at that location is EON. Am I supposed to contact them or will they contact me with the next steps and what to do? Would you suggest switching or staying with the current provider right now?
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    Hey @iman,

first of all, thank you for your post. We are here to help 😀

Secondly, are you with E.ON or E.ON Next ? I am asking this as a company we usually would send letter to the property directed to the "occupier" rather the name of the person that actually moved in as we have no way to find out who lives in that specific property for example.
    Then, is your responsibility to get in touch with us and let us know the date of when you moved in. This is usually a super simple process that you can do through our social media or Whatsapp platform and then you will be all set to go.

Now if you are with E.on or other companies, I believe it is always in the customer interest to get in touch with the energy company when someone moves, to get everything set up and avoid any kind of issues that can come up if this process is delayed.

I hope this has been helpful. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Benedetta
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 15-08-22 at 19:10.
    Level 0
    @iman Hi. Yes, you have to contact them with your actual move in date, so they can open a new account in your name. You only have to be a customer for the first 30 days, after which you can switch supplier, which I strongly advise that you do, unless you're happy to have endless problems and stress, which will probably take months to fix. E.ON Next are 16th in a list of 16 ( so last) of the main fuel providers, and also worst for customer satisfaction, at 52%. Octopus Energy are rated the best, at number 1 with 70%. My observation is based on the worst experience of my life with this company, who have been incapable of billing me correctly for the last 7 months. In fact, they've sent me 15 wrong bills in less than 2 weeks recently, with stupid mistakes like double-billing, and including 26 estimates of my usage, along with my actual usage. I had to spend 3 hours on the phone last month getting it fixed, and I literally had to walk the advisor through the last bill step-by-step, in order to prove their mistake. It was like talking to a child, but it resulted in a £100 reduction in the bill, plus an extra £30 reduction as a goodwill gesture, for all my wasted time. Very stressful, but totally worthwhile in the end. By the way, don't believe anything they tell you either. Check everything, or they'll probably overcharge you. They seem incapable of using logic and common sense to identify questionable high or low usage, and it often feels like they just want you to pay them whatever the computer says you owe them, rather than billing you accurately for your actual fuel usage.