Solar Tariff

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Help. My fixed term is coming to an end.
    I have solar panels , my bill for both electricity & gas at the moment is about £50 a month.
    I am in credit quite alot as over paid.

I have been offered new tariffs
    next flex - variable saying monthly £110.23

Next online v17 fixed for 12 months '- monthly £178.58

next 1 year v15 fixed 12 months -monthly £219.94

I am so confused by it all, my ex husband sorted all this for us before he left and divorced last year, I really have no clue about any of it.

Any insight from any1 would be useful.

Thanks I'm advance.
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 43
    Best Answer
    Hi @Slwebb

Presumably you operate your account online already, if you do you can ignore the V15 tariff as I'm sure that's for non online accounts.

The Next Flex is as it says, variable, but there is a maximum that can be charged and that is pretty much what they're quoting. The maximum that can be charged is normally reviewed every 6 months but there is talk that this will change to every 3 months due to the volatile energy market. The next price review will take effect in this October, there's talk of significant increases of around 45%.

The Next Flex will definitely increase significantly in October so if you're already in credit by a reasonable amount then the V17 might be worth considering. It's a difficult choice for all of us to be honest.
  • Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Slwebb

From forecasts published by Cornwall insight, I've calculated the approximate unit prices of electricity and gas will be 50p and 16p respectively this winter. With Eon Next tariffs you can exit from a fix penalty free. So long as the fix prices you've been quoted are lower than those you're onto a winner.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @Andy65 thank you for your response. It really has baffled me.