New gas bill generated every day

Level 1
    I was transferred to Eon Next from Igloo when they went under. I have a smart meter for my electricity but because I have a U16 gas meter, my gas supply wasn't "smart".

Eon Next contacted me a while ago and said that they would send someone out to fit an automated meter reader to my gas meter so that it is slightly less dumb. The idea was that it would send daily readings to Eon Next and that I'd be able to see my gas usage in the online portal.

This automated reader is taking/sending a gas reading everyday and since its been fitted I have been getting new gas bills generated every day or couple of days. This is bad because I can't actually get an idea of my gas usage/cost over a month because its split into 20+ separate bills! Not only that but I get emailed the bills which at this rate are useless and basically just spam.

I called up and spoke to customer services about it and they said they had changed some settings on my account and that it should fix it, but it hasn't.

Please can someone look at this for me please before I go and rip the automated reader off of my meter.

Regards
    Andy
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hey @andyrooster 👋

I'm Deb one of the community co-ordinators on the forum. I have just popped you a private message as I need to confirm some details with you.

Deb 🌻
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖