No smart reader readings since switch from Eon to Eon Next

Level 1
    Seems to be a common theme around here. Since moving from Eon to Eon Next I have recently discovered that no smart meter readings from both my gas and electricity meters are being sent since April/May so I've had to submit manual readings instead.

I was wondering why my Direct Debit hadn't increased since the increase in costs in April, my IHD is correctly reflecting this cost increase.

All green lights flashing every few seconds on electricity meter.

Attachment 969Name:  20220712_173039[1].jpg
Views: 519
Size:  95.7 KB
  • 2 Replies

Level 78
    Should have reconnected by now! I'll get @DebF_EONNext to try and pull some manual readings. :)
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Sorry to bump this but still not resolved and not had any help what so ever. I've tried contacting via email for a 2nd time also and still no response.

To summarise:

1. I've had a smart meter with no issues for quite a while now until recently it stopped working.

3. I renewed my tariff in April at double the cost of the previous tariff inline with the energy price increases.

2. Since the migration from Eon to Eon Next in May my smart meter readings have stopped sending automatically

3. This means I'm having to input my readings manually

4. When I input my meter readings in manually the gas correctly updates my balance, but the electricity does not. My usage and balance is suggesting I've not used any electricity since May! Actually looking at my account just now a smart gas meter reading has successfully sent at the weekend for the first time, electricity however still isn't sending.

5. This means my balance is high in credit. My direct debit has not changed since pre tariff change as a result of this credit. I know this will mean that I am now underpaying and the longer this issue goes on the more my direct debit will have to increase to play catch up. I'm worried it is going to be a hideous unaffordable increase, whereas had it been resolved earlier it would have only been a marginal increase.

Edit on 16th August: Just had an updated statement. The first one I've had since February. Entered manual readings in and balance is now reflecting electricity usage. So that part of the problem is now resolved. I have now done a one off payment for the small short fall so direct debit doesn't hike up too much. Just need to get the smart meter readings sending now. One thing I have just noticed is the MESH light isn't flashing. All others are. This is a weak signal area so may be a reason for the issues. But as I maintain I have never had issues with the readings sending until the switch to Eon Next.
    Last edited by Nat1; 16-08-22 at 17:10.