3p per kWh. Time for an increase?

• Tags for this Thread
  • seg
View Tag Cloud
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

But while energy prices to the consumer have increased over 3.5 times the rate of SEG repayments has not changed. So I think if Octopus can pay 15p per unit so then could E.On Next.

Its called being fair to the customer, and transparent.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Completely understand why you would be apprehensive about our SEG rates 🧐, but just to mirror @retrotecchie - E.ON Next is not taking that whole unit charge as profit, we do indeed see a portion going to things such as renewable energy and metering jobs.
    @Rik - did you manage to look into things and get this sorted out?
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 91
    @Han_EONNext

There used to be competition for customers using energy so suppliers would try to attract customers with attractive fixed rate deals. The price caps and record price increases have shelved that for the time being.

But if you set your SEG rate so low you are sending a very clear message - that you don't want to have to deal with this stuff and don't care if customers take their generation to another company. In the meantime those that stay help to offset losses elsewhere and the Finance Director is happy about that. Inertia amongst customers is a great aid to companies sometimes.

Would you like to spell out precisely how much goes to "things such as renewable energy and metering jobs". While I have respect you for trying to defend the company's decisions, I do not think the company's position is really defensible.
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext Yes, thank you I did manage to sort things out. I left E.On Next completely and now enjoy earning 15p per kWh with my new friend Octopus Energy. No offence but you really should take a look at how they do things. They have a completely fresh approach to customer service and their user interface is perfect. I recommend Octopus to everyone I know. I simply can’t do that due to the poor experience I’ve had with E.On Next.
    Community Team
    @meldrewreborn thank you😊. If I'm honest, I am not entirely sure what % of the costs go to what but that is indeed an interesting question; and something I'd certainly like to know too! So I'll do some digging for you and see if I can get that information to share.

In other news that is great @Rik (not so great that you had to leave us, but great that you got some support!). I'm sorry that we let you down 😯 & I would love to hear what you have to say or what particularly made your experience bad. I'd really appreciate it if you let us know and left some feel back on this 👉 We want your feedback! post.
    Level 91
    @Han_EONNext

OFGEM publish some charts that show how much goes on metering and green subsidies. And these are covered in all our standing charges so in the context of our over bills its not very much. And given that they are covered by our standing charges its arguable that they have no relevance in a debate about the rate suppliers charge for the energy they sell and the SEG rate paid for home generation .