Meter Relocation and Inability to book an appt

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    First-time poster.

Seeking advice and guidance from the wider community as am struggling with EON customer service on this one.

UK power has been booked to move my mains and therefore i require EON to move my meter on the same afternoon.

Farhana at EON provided the process that I get UKPower booked in first and then confirm with EON Next the appt.

I have informed EON Next in Jan of the move and in April informed them of the UK Power date.

Now EON's systems don't allow you to book a relocation that far in advance, 2 weeks ago I had the relocation fee charged to my account, and reassurance that the appt was in place, and now Keren in CS states there is no appt and the closest appt they can give is 7 days after UKP move the mains.

With a family of 4 we cannot be without power for 7 days.

Any guidance on how I can get EON Next to confirm the date i have requested for over 4 months?

Why are their systems unable to book in advance and why if UKPower is required to be booked first they cannot then support the dates?

How do you escalate with the networks team?
  • 9 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 5
    Best Answer
    @Beki_EONNext

UK Power are required to move the mains cable to the new meter box, they then install their service cable/service head into the new wall-mounted box. UKPower won't move or touch EON's meter so the supplier is then required on the same day to move the meter and connect the meter tails to the service head.

I then have to have an electrician (again ideally the same day to avoid having no pwer) install the new tails and connect them to the new consumer unit.

So the whole process is reliant on UK Power being booked in first, as EON will not move a meter (major relocation more than 1m) before UK power install their service head
    Level 91
    @watty
    @Beki_EONNext - can you investigate. please. On the face of it, it seems ridiculous that both UK power networks and an Eon next engineer need to attend . Its the sort of restrictive practice that drags productivity down in the UK.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    Interesting comment from Keren in Customer Service "can you not get Network to reschedule"

No Keren, that incurs the full relocation charge of over £1500 again. And it is very clear even in the forum responses here that the process and your guidance is DNO is booked first and then Supplier moves the meter.
    Level 5
    Update from EON CS. No appts are available on that day so we will need to do an emergency appt on the day.

Unbelievable, 4 months' notice and a process that clearly states that the DNO moves their infrastructure first and then your supplier moves the meter, so obviously DNO needs to have an appt first.

God knows whether an emergency appt on the day is even an option, guess we'll find out on the day of the move.

Is this just EON's systems and processes that are utterly broken here or is this the same with any supplier.

Well done Eon, useless!
    Level 2
    I have the same issue. We’re doing a loft conversion and the gas meter is right where the new staircase need to go. Therefore I booked an appointment with Eon to move the meter 1 m away on the same wall. This cost £150 pounds and they added this on my energy bill. I booked this in 7th June. I was told the company who’s doing this will come and do this 15/16/17 Aug. Nobody has showed up to do the work - when I called and confronted Eon they said they can’t see this booked in at all but they will investigate and registered my complain. They also said to chase with the company who was supposed to do the work. Another 3 weeks have passed and still haven’t heard back from E.on. The builders are waiting on us to install the staircase and I’m so desperate right now, Thinking of finding someone to move the meter and face the consequences. I think it’s outrageous that we are in the hand of the supplier and they don’t honour their end of the deal. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks.
    Level 78
    You'll need to get E.On to move the meter. There is no Gas Safe Registered Engineer in the country who'll touch it unless they want to lose their license and get banned from the register.

I think @Beki_EONNext might be able to fix this mess though. I'll let her know.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Morning @gabor 😊,

Thanks for waiting on a response, and I am once again sorry for the service you have received on this occasion 🤔. I have had a good look into this and although its not something you'd typically be happy with, I am happy that a complaint has been raised for you and that our ES's are working hard to correct this for you.
    I am glad that you found your experience of talking to us over the phone yesterday helpful - following on from that conversation you was told that we need to wait for an email confirmation so please keep looking out for this.
    Alongside this, the complaint also explains that this has been escalated to the manager, and that a manager call back has been requested.
    We are sorry for the delay, and thank you for your loyalty and patience with us on this one.

If nothing happens with your complaint or you are still unahppy/ nothing gets scheduled in, please do come back and let us know in a week or so 😊
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 2
    @Han_EONNext

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this. Will keep you in the loop and get back to you in a week if I still haven't heard anything.