Standing Order

Level 5
    Why does Eon Next REFUSE to accept Standing Orders and insist that a direct debit is set up?

If I am paying £100 per month direct debit or £100 per month standing order, Eon Next are STILL GETTING £100 per month

What is the problem?

By the way, I like to be in control of what I pay out, that is the difference from my end
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 43
    Best Answer
    I suppose the reasoning @ZX12R is that if your usage changes and or tariffs/prices change, eon-next themselves cannot change the payment if you're paying by standing order. They would probably argue that with a DD they can avoid you going into significant debt, or that there's nothing to stop a customer paying by SO changing the amount at will.
    I'm not saying that I agree with those arguments because it does depend on the integrity of the customer. Many will remember when we were billed quarterly and we paid our bills in cash, it wasn't a problem as far as I can recall but people were used to budgeting then.
  • Best Answer

Level 5
    Best Answer
    @Andy65 Yeah good answer I suppose you are correct, the main thing I have a problem with is that I've been a customer of EON for 5 years paying STO but when they changed to EON Next all of sudden my 5 years never missing a payment by STO Isn't good enough.
    I wish they would actually look at their customers records and let a human decide, not a machine based on variables and logic etc.
    Level 43
    I agree with you there @ZX12R, the trouble is that requires thinking, decisions, responsibility etc and they're in short supply pretty much everywhere these days. It would undoubtedly be blamed on 'the system won't allow it' but of course they had it designed that way.

Sometimes we just have to go with it because there isn't an alternative, we might not like it but trying to fight the inevitable doesn't do much for your blood pressure!
    Level 5
    Nope, I take my Blood pressure very seriously and one way to keep it down is to wind up cold callers (Including EON) when they contact you and demand information from you, for example when I answer they say I'm from xxxxxx am I speaking to xxxxxx, I reply with first of all I need to go through security questions with you before I answer your question, that stumps them, it usually goes silent for a few seconds and then they say, how do I do that, I say you tell me, the last one was from EON and I could hear the cold caller banging away at the keyboard and she said I have sent you an email, she wasn't happy at all.
    The main reason I do this is because I try and teach them that they cant just ring up people and demand info etc. manners cost nothing, @Andy65 we have had a good sensible chat and that is how people should interact with each other :-) thanks, sorry for going off on a tangent by the way