Solar generation not displayed on IHD

View Tag Cloud
    Level 6
    I have just had a smart meter fitted.

The instruction book and the fitting engineer both told me that when i am exporting to the grid a little "Pylon" symbol should light up and the display will tell me how much I'm exporting.

It doesn't do this. The pylon never lights up, if I am using less than the Solar is generating the display just reads zero.

I have checked and I can switch the solar off, and I then see I am using say 850W according to the IHD. I switch the solar on and the IHD drops to zero. It's a 6KW system and it was telling me it is generating around 4 to 5 KW

Any clues on how I can make this work? Just showing zero is most unhelpful, as I want to know if it would be a good time to say charge my car or do the washing, but zero could mean I'm exporting 10W, or it could mean I'm exporting 5KW!
  • 37 Replies

Level 78
    Hi @neilmorgan ,

Try giving it more time. It takes up to six weeks for everything to get fully set up.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 6
    Hi @neilmorgan ,

Try giving it more time. It takes up to six weeks for everything to get fully set up.

Hi there, the technician who installed the meter said it was faulty and arranged to come back today . Apparently the internal systems of EON wouldn't let him do the job and I was asked to make another appointment. Todays story is that because I don't receive my feed in tariff payments from Eon the IHD will not display how much energy I am exporting. This sounds like a complete load of twaddle. The meter itself is showing electricity export and the very purpose of the IHD is to make informed decisions about power usage. If the IHD says the same - "0" whether I am exporting 100 Watts or 3000 watts I am unable to make an informed decision.
    Level 6
    @theunknowntech
    As an update I was asked to reset the IHD overnight but no change. I also notice they have managed to get one reading on the account but only one, despite the guy on the phone saying i was set up for daily smart readings. When I try to view the MPAN it says "Waiting for MPAN" on the IHD and eventually times out. I have taken the IHD to within 2 feet of the meter and the same result. There are clearly communication problems, but I spent all afternoon on the phone yesterday and they wont book me n appointment to fix it. Some of the people say there's no fault, some agree it's faulty but still wont do anything.
    Level 78
    I'll see what @PeterT_EONNext can figure out for you. He has tools that I can't access.
    Community Team
    Hi @neilmorgan

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having getting your IHD issue resolved.

From what I can see on your account, you had a meter appointment in June when your electricity meter was exchanged for a Smart Meter. This never updated on your account which may be causing quite a few problems that will need to be resolved.

What you'll need to do firstly is take a picture of your meter tag details (this should be next to the meter and details the meter exchange information) and send this, along with your account details over to customer services (you can do this via Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or email, all details are in my signature below)

Your meter details will firstly need to be updated on your account so we can make sure everything is set up correctly - if for any reason the problem with your IHD can't be resolved after this, we can then book an appointment for an engineer to come and take a look, as it does sound like your IHD may be faulty, this is just a little too difficult to tell currently due to your meter exchange not updating on your account from June.

Pete
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 6
    @PeterT_EONNext Both my old meter and my new meter show on my account online. I have been calling the Customer Services many times. The last time I got through (it's very hard to hear them they are so faint, it's not me I can hear everyone else) they said they'd book me another appointment but nothing heard so far. The smart meter has been read remotely just once, but the customer service people say it's set for daily readings. A manual reading has been put on which is nothing like the remote reading so I don't know what's right. I have never had a statement or bill since moving to EON Next 8 months ago. The guy who installed the meter seemed perfectly competent and he came back but apparently couldn't fix the issue, but he never mentioned anything about the meter not being properly linked to the account.
    Community Team
    @neilmorgan Sorry that was my mistake - I can see your current meter and your old meter (they both show as active) I've removed the old one now.

I can see an appointment has been booked in for September, so any issues with the comms hub within the electricity meter should be able to be resolved on the visit if nothing we can do remotely is fixing the issues you're experiencing.

Let us know how it goes!

Pete 😊
    Level 6
    @PeterT_EONNext Thanks Pete, the old meter has now disappeared from my account and the app.

When you speak of anything you can do remotely, is anyone actually trying? So far you're the only person who's actually done anything; thanks for getting involved!

My meter is still not sending readings; on the app it is set for half hour data but when I look at usage it just says "we're collecting your data". Trouble is, I don't think you are!
    Community Team
    @neilmorgan Yes I can confirm some remote setting changes have been attempted quite a lot, and I believe the appointment you have will be for a reset for the comms hub so this should fix the issues you're experiencing.

The information on the app certainly won't be accurate at the moment due to what's happening with the communications from your meter to us, hopefully after your appointment this should all resolve itself once the connection is re-established.

Pete 😊