My new tariff

Level 6
    Estimated on my usage from previous years on a smart meter , I have solar panels also , my monthly cost from £60 monthly is now £140 from August. I'm in a two bed new build. How does my new cost compare ? Thanks .
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    Too many variables. My charges are currently £2,200 per annum using 2.900 kWh of leccy, and 17,000 kWh of gas. I've a thermal solar panel that saves about 3,000 kWh of gas. I live in a large extended semi built in 1933.

You're query is really about your consumption in kWh and your rebate from FIT. Although I'm not in possession of real facts I can imagine your costs have gone up rather more than your rebates, widening the full cost to you more than the rises in electricity nationally.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Estimated on my usage from previous years on a smart meter , I have solar panels also , my monthly cost from £60 monthly is now £140 from August. I'm in a two bed new build. How does my new cost compare ? Thanks .

I switched to Octopus Energy and they pay me 15p per kWh of energy I export to the grid. This will offset my bill massively considering e.on would only pay me 3p per kWh. They said that Ofgem set the price to 3p and that it is out of their hands so they cannot increase the price, yet, if you shop around, you will notice other suppliers have increased this rate without a problem and are fairer to their customers in response to recent price increases.