FIT payments reduced by 50% by Eon Next

Level 2
    Following change from Eon to Eon Next, has anyone else had their quarterly FIT payments reduced by 50%? How it works is that Eon Next simply halve the number of kWh (units) that your solar panels have actually generated before making any calculations. So you get paid only half the amount you are entitled to. So, say your FIT meter records you've generated 500 units in 3 months, they will take that as 250 units. They will pay 250 units at the higher rate and then 125 units at the assumed export rate. Has anyone else experienced this? Would the Eon Next moderaors care to comment on why their colleagues are refusing to reply, or even acknowledge emails on this subject?
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 1
    Best Answer
    Hi

i have been made aware of an issue that has affected customers who have an extension to their system that is connected to the same generation meter, looking at your account this is one of them. Our system has paid you for one split of your extension but not the other. We are working hard on the fix to correct these issues and once resolved we will redress all accounts so correct payments are made. we hope to have the issue resolved soon.

I will also reply to your emails that i can see we have received, apologies you haven't heard back sooner.
    Level 1
    @GraemeD_EONNext
    I believe we have this same issue as our payments for the last quarter have been roughly half of last year and our panels were added in 2 parts. I believe we have missed out on hundreds of pounds. How can we get this sorted?
    Thanks
    Graeme
    Level 1
    @Snoopy have you made any progress with this? I believe i have the same issue
    @Graeme88

I'm sure they are working very hard to fix this issue 😆

Feed in tariffs are just one big scam

3p per kWh for electricity produced

53p per kWh for electricity consumed

I produced 7000kWh of electricity last year and got paid £211

I am using 1800kWh of electricity per year and this will cost me over £1000

Someone please explain to me how this is not a scam
    @GraemeD_EONNext

Are you about?
    Following change from Eon to Eon Next, has anyone else had their quarterly FIT payments reduced by 50%? How it works is that Eon Next simply halve the number of kWh (units) that your solar panels have actually generated before making any calculations. So you get paid only half the amount you are entitled to. So, say your FIT meter records you've generated 500 units in 3 months, they will take that as 250 units. They will pay 250 units at the higher rate and then 125 units at the assumed export rate. Has anyone else experienced this? Would the Eon Next moderaors care to comment on why their colleagues are refusing to reply, or even acknowledge emails on this subject?

I am currently in the process of swiching to Octopus Energy, they have also confirmed that they will be paying me 15p per kWh of electricity exported to the grid.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 05-11-22 at 16:02. Reason: Spam