smart meter not working since moving over to eon next

Level 92
    @vanquish

There are three options for meter readings. Monthly, which are purely used for billing purposes. Daily, which are used to enable the National Grid and the DNOs to monitor usage trends over a day to day basis and half-hourly which are used for peak demand monitoring and to enable schemes like Demand Shift to work.

The only readings that will show up on your account or app are the monthly billing readings. By default, all meters are set to provide monthly readings as this is a requirement for billing. A daily or half hourly read provides extra information to the energy networks to assist with planning and demand management but only if the customer opts in. It provides no additional information from the billing and account management point of view which is purely what the app or online account provides.

Your IHD should provide all the information you need to know. Whatever you set your read frequency to, EOn NEXT just work with the monthly billing read.

Alternatively, if you download and use the Bright App from Hildebrand, this can display day to day usage for you.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 16-01-23 at 12:46.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext, another month and no readings again. Can you give it another kick? Is there anything we can do so that I don't need to bug you every single month? Everything was working fine when I was with Octopus. I even had daily readings in the dashboard
    Community Team
    Morning @vanquish Hannah here 👋. Taking over from @PeterT_EONNext 😊.
    Completely, we need to get this sorted once and for all really! I'm just going to pop you a DM so I can take a look into the account for you 👀
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈