Meters still not working & now have to wait another 2 months.

Level 1
    Hi, we had both gas & electric smart meters fitted on 14th April, but fitter could not get IHD to work & we were told this would get fixed 'remotely'.

We had fitter turn up again. She replaced IHD, managed to get it working, but someone on phone did not unpick previous IHD that would not work, & from what I gather this has ruined installation & we potentially have to have gas meter replaced, & we can expect to be contacted in about 2 months time.

Fitter was almost in tears & full of apologies!

This was actually her 4th visit! The first 2 were wasted journeys as she could not get access to main fuse cupboard, & we had issues getting council to open this, & so on. (we live in council flats).

The electric meter sends readings, but I have to manually send gas readings now.

Any suggestions?

With the price hikes, we just wanted to see what energy we were using/being charged.

Many thanks.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    I think this has been answered by @beki in another thread.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.