WAN Dropping

Level 3
    For the second time in 48 hours I've noticed my IHD 'Waiting for cost now'. As it's gone on for more than a few minutes I checked my meter.
    I noticed that the WAN light wasn't flashing, it came back after 45 minutes on the first occasion. It's now been off again for 45 minutes, I don't know if it's just coincidence or not but it went off at 07h11 this morning and 08h00 on Tuesday.

Is this normal for smart meters or is it a sign of something else going on?

​​​​​​​Name:  No WAN.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  920.3 KB
  • 3 Replies

Community Co-ordinator
    @Andy65
    I bet your sick of hearing from me this morning! 👽

The WAN on your meter is the Wider Area Network (I am sure you know that!) and it may have dropped due to works happening in the area and them toggling with the signal! Have you had this before these occasions?
    @theunknowntech Our faboulous smart meter expert! Have you got any notes to share on this? 😎

​​​​​​​Hannah🌍
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

Having problems and need to contact us? You can view your options here: contact us

We are now on WhatsApp! Use 0808 501 5200 to contact us 🥁
    Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Han_EONNext View Post
    @Andy65
    I bet your sick of hearing from me this morning! 👽

The WAN on your meter is the Wider Area Network (I am sure you know that!) and it may have dropped due to works happening in the area and them toggling with the signal! Have you had this before these occasions?
    @theunknowntech Our faboulous smart meter expert! Have you got any notes to share on this? 😎

​​​​​​​Hannah🌍

I haven't noticed it before to this extent where it's been nearly an hour. I just thought it was odd that it seems to have happened twice within 48 hours and at roughly the same time of day.
    Level 59
    Your comms hub will continue to try and re-establish a WAN connection. However, if this keeps happening then I'd probably suggest seeing whether an SKU2 Cellular + Mesh hub might be viable. At least that way, it may be possible to bounce the signal around until it can find another route through.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Beki is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither!