Reuse and Recycle word search you say?

View Tag Cloud
    Community Team
    Want to help save the planet? And get some extra pennies in your pocket?

We've gotcha’ sorted! 🚀 It's clear to see that our planet is struggling; we all know that & it is important to keep doing what we can to help it along. And I am certain that our (not so little) Community will do just that! 💪

We want to talk to you about your waste, and more importantly what you do with it! We all hear companies and the government banging on about the idea of ‘reusing and recycling’ - but what does that actually mean? 🤯 To simply put it, to reuse is to use something more than once, and to recycle is to turn your waste into something brand spankin’ new again. I think once you understand more of what it actually means, its easier to do (and fascinating) - did you know that by just recycling a single plastic bottle… you will save enough energy to power a lightbulb for 3 whole hours!!💡

Have you ever thought about living a life committing to Zero Waste?
    It's hard, I get it…me included (most definitely I have some changes I can make). It really is the little things in life, changing from a plastic water bottle (that we may purchase and throw away daily) to a metal reusable one can be a big help! Using mesh fruit/veg bags when you do your shopping instead of plastic bags and reusing jars and packaging etc. But I have made a little list of simple things we can all attempt to do to try and cut our waste consumption.

1. Refill your shampoo, conditioner & showergel bottles with bulk products that come in a package
    2. Donate clothing no longer needed 👕
    3. Cut unworn clothing (that you don't donate) and use as rag/clothes for cleaning
    4. Save your plastic containers and donate them to a nearby nursery to use for arts and crafts
    5. Reuse wrapping paper & gift bags. 🎁

With these little changes to your everyday life you can be on track to be a ECO king/queen! We are also full swing into our big plastic count which will help you start your journey into reusing and recycling

Not ready to take on the challenge just yet? Don't worry! We have developed our very own community word search to get your brain ticking in the meantime based on our theme of recycling and reusing; here are words to be on the look out for:
    renewable, recycle, energy, reuse, solar, compost, people, smart meter, plastic, carbon, planet, turbine, wind farm, planet, responsibility, world, grow, biomass, wind, geothermal, hydropower, tidal, ocean, waves, walking, green, earth, weather, fashion, caring, kind.

The rules are simple -
    The words are written in Coordinates. For example: Weather would be R18-12 (the words can go in all directions). Once you have found one word please let us know and we will post the word crossed out on the search. Please wait for someone else to do a word before you do another as we want all of our Community Members to have a shot.

Happy word searchin'!!

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-11 15.56.23.png
Views: 933
Size:  111.5 KB

*Electricity backed by 100% renewable sources, E.ON's renewable generation assets, agreements with UK generators and the purchase of renewable electricity certificates. The electricity supplied to your home or business comes from the National Grid.
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 28-04-23 at 11:35.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
  • 16 Replies

Level 43
    Geothermal M9-18.

The only problem with refilling from bulk packs is cost, particularly in the current climate. I've seen it with coffee, a refill pack in a paper bag is noticeably more expensive, gram for gram, than a glass jar with a plastic lid. To me, it's a classic case of a business trying to make out that it's trying to do something for the environment but really just wants to make more profit on the back of it.
    Level 43
    I'm fairly certain that there are two words missing from the grid, a third I can only find across two locations which isn't the norm I think.
    Community Team
    Geothermal M9-18.

The only problem with refilling from bulk packs is cost, particularly in the current climate. I've seen it with coffee, a refill pack in a paper bag is noticeably more expensive, gram for gram, than a glass jar with a plastic lid. To me, it's a classic case of a business trying to make out that it's trying to do something for the environment but really just wants to make more profit on the back of it.

I really do understand what you are saying! Sometimes the costs can be skyrocketted 🚀. People have to make a financial choice to be more sustainable a lot of the time, and sometimes they can't do that. I have been thinking a lot about how much it costs to live more susainable since this comment and I have found this site that helps us be more economical if you want to check it out here

Thanks for your opinions though 🙌 @Tracy - I feel like this is very much something I would like to hear your opinion on (they always do make my brain tick) what do you think?

Hannah 🌍
    Community Team
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-11 15.56.23.png 
Views:	1132 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	834
    @Andy65 Thank you for finding this for me! - I will certainly be having a look at it and what seems to be wrong 🧐 what words are missing?
    Level 43
    I can't find Solar or Smart meter @Han_EONNext, Planet is listed twice in the list of words to find.

You might need to make your pen more translucent so that the letters can still be seen.
    Level 43
    I'll sneak another one in before the rush starts 🤔

Responsibility Q15 - D2.
    Nice one @Andy65! You've got 2 so far! I found melt but I don't think that is on the list. Have you found any more?
    Level 43
    I've found them all @Beki_EONNext apart from the two I've mentioned above. I think they're missing altogether.
    Level 43
    I've taken an executive decision not to obey "Please wait for someone else to do a word before you do another as we want all of our Community Members to have a shot." because if I wait I somehow think that I'll not be around long enough to have another go 🤔

Ocean F15 - A15.