Probably worth me mentioning this as well actually. I don't know how many unused SmartView 2 units are left in the remaining inventory, but I would imagine that E.On will continue giving those remaining ones out temporarily until the new replacements arrive, but certainly for the long term, I don't foresee the IHDL SmartView 2 being given out anymore.
As for the remaining stock? Well, my guesses are that one or more of the following will happen with the leftover SmartView 2 IHD units once the new ones are ready:
- The remaining stock continues to get used up until it runs out, just to flush out the inventory and be done with them and then all future installs switch over to the replacement
- Some engineers get the replacement, while others continue to burn down the remaining SV2 stocks until they're gone and then get resupplied with the replacement option
- E.On stops issuing any further SV2 immediately and keeps only a handful for testing purposes and/or as spares - I wouldn't be surprised if a few units continue to live at their offices
- All the remaining SV2 stock gets returned to the original source for a refund or credit of some kind
- E.On decides to just hold onto them all in a warehouse somewhere and eventually forget about them
- (very unlikely) the units are just disposed of entirely
As for which guess is right? I couldn't possibly say. I would understand if the plan was to flush out whatever inventory is still in the warehouse and free up space. But yeah... There's only going to be a finite number of them left and I bet you they'll deplete pretty quickly either way.