Not Happy

I was with npower and have been forced over to eonnext.

Since being with eonnext my bills have increased by a lot and I am pestered with having a smart meter fitted.

npower wanted me to get a meter fitted too.

I DONT WANT ONE!!!!

I am now at the point where my tariff is running out and need to renew.

The cheepest option they are saying is available to me is still way above what it was with npower.

Change suppliers you say?

I cant because of the extra money I now owe since being with eonnext is too much for me to pay off in one go to free me up so I can change.

Ive been on compare sites and can get much cheaper electricity than I was even getting with npower but am powerless as I now owe money to eonnext.

Oh, and the tariffs eon have offered me all require the fitting of a smart meter.

Theyve got me by the short and curlies for sure!

I dont believe all the rubbish that 'a smart meter will save you money' and that 'it will put an end to estimated bills'. My meter is in a really awkward place to get to but I have always managed to send a regular monthly reading in to whoever has been my supplier over the years.

I know full well that any engineer who comes out to the house is gonna moan about no room to move or they wont be able to fit one until Ive ripped the kitchen to bits.

That is simply not happening. Besides, I dont own the house I rent off the local council.

Ive looked up my rights and smart meters ARE NOT COMPULSARY so they cant get me on that one.

People I know have had smart meters installed and seen NO DIFFERENCE to there bills or even increases.

And thats if they work at all.

If you ask me they are a waste of time.

How can something that uses electricity to run help save you money on your bills??

The only people to benefit are the suppliers, the consumer is no better off with them.

Looking for solutions on here results in finding posts that are seemingly ignored or being told to log onto social media for help.

I have no social media accounts and dont wish to have any either.

Whats the point in having a forum?

And just now Ive read about spam messages and 'dangerous' posts on here that are not sorted out when reported. Come on eonnext, help your customers.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @thisisstupid <-- Love the name by the way! Beki here and I just wanted to let you know that you do not need to have a smart fitted if you don't want one and I can amend the details on your account to cease all smart meter communication.

If you would like me to have a look at anything on your account then please pop me a private message here with your account number and your queries and I can look into this with you.
    Level 5
    Wait till you have to actually get them to do anything. They’ve lost one of my direct debits when they moved from NPower to here and it’s a complete nightmare getting them to fix it. They’ve done literally nothing to get it resolved