Have I been scammed?

Level 1
    I have just received an e mail from EON Customer Services with my old EON account number. It tells me they have read my meter and gives an account balance. I do not have a smart meter and whilst they could have accessed my gas meter they would not have been able to access my electric meter..

I then logged onto my EON Next account and it gives a different balance.

I am a tad concerned since I clicked on the live chat link on the email which took me to the EON site but with no live chat. Additionally, the email states:

Introducing E.ON Next
    We've some exciting news, you'll soon become part of the newest face of E.ON - E.ON Next.

This is concerning since I am already with EON Next.

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to what is going on? Many thanks.
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    It sounds like a end of supply message - presumably just like a switch between different suppliers , the transfer from Eon to Eon next is handled much the same way. no need for concern - it will probably all come out in the wash.

Its the readings and the account balance to be transferred that need to be correct.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Morning @leachim 👋

I'm Deb one of the community co-ordinators here on the forum 😊 This does sound like a migration email however as you have mentioned that you are already with us you shouldn't be getting emails from E.ON. I would suggest that you pop a message over to our digi team over on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram along with a screen grab of the email and they will be able to investigate this further for you. It is likely just an admin error and nothing to worry about however to put your mind at ease I think it would be worth getting in touch 😊

If social media isn't your thing then you can email hi@eonnext.com however you will get a quicker response through social media as they are manned 24/7 😊

Please come back and let us know how you got on.
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 1
    Update. Eon Next were very good and replied promptly to my email but explained that since the email had come from Eon Energy there was nothing they could do since the two companies are separate ????. However, they did send an email to Eon Energy last Monday asking them to look into the matter but as yet they have nor replied. I find this a bit disappointing and have sent an email reminder.

Eon Next assured me my account had not been compromised. However, my concern is that my Eon Energy account has been compromised together with my bank details which are the same as those with Eon Next.

But, until Eon Energy have the courtesy to reply both my and Eon Next's email I have no information. Frustrating to say the least.