E.onnext app

Level 1
    I have the huawei p smart 2021 everyone knows the problem with not having Google play on these devices due to America and China being idiots about petty things. So my problem is I can't get the app on my phone. So have to log in on the Web site which is a big ball ache. The huawei app site does not have the e.onnext app only eon, which is in German.... Not very helpful there when I'm English and my German isn't very good. Dose anyone know how I could get round this without changing my phone.
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Dan2234

I'm past retirement age and don't use apps at all for anything to do with money. News weather sport is it for me. So while i can see that it is irritating for you , its not something that Eon Next (legally different from Eon ) can actually do something about, nor can i imagine that there are that many of its customers that use affected phones that would make it want to do something about it. There are probably strong commercial reasons to use the app stores to facilitate the download of apps and I can't see that anyone would want to break that unless there is oodles of money in it for them.

Long way round to my answer - NO.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 78
    Hey @Dan2234 ,

I can ask @HannahD_EONNext to suggest that to the team, but I can't guarantee that it'll actually be accepted or actioned. The more app stores that you publish your app to, the more sets of policies, rules, guidelines, processes, dashboards, review sources, workflows and a bazillion other things you have to keep an eye on. Plus, it's not always possible to automate everything to the same level for one store as it is for another (mostly regarding getting the app and any updates posted).
    @meldrewreborn is also right though. It's also a case of how many people are likely to use Huawei phones in the UK and want to use the app too. If that number is tiny, it's likely to be considered as not worth going to all the hassle just for a few hundred users. If it's a few hundred thousand then definitely worth it.

There is no other safe sources to get the app from I'm afraid. The best I can suggest is to choose another vendor that's not Huawei or Huawei owned when you next upgrade your phone.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!