Suspicious Texts

Level 78
    I should have mentioned this previously, but I'm only a forum volunteer myself and not a staff member so I don't have any access to internal stuff.

However, I can assure you that anytime I come across possible security issues of ANY kind, Beki and Hannah get alerted immediately and I make sure they know what I've come across.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext Just to clarify, we now have full access to both gas and electric accounts but any attempt to set my mums email address on the account results in her receiving no emails from you. One of your colleagues tried to send a blank email to my mum and nothing came through. Yet me and my uncle both successfully sent emails to her. I tried to send a blank email from my mums email to your colleague and it came back undeliverable. I'm actually from an IT background so my thoughts are that you may have some filter on your email system thats being a bit overzealous with my mums email address! However, being able to access it through my email address, whilst inconvenient, is preferable than not having access at all. I should also add that I am 35 miles from my mum so resolving this would be difficult because I will not be able to access her emails to verify her email address.
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech I have seen you previously in the forum so I was already aware of you being a volunteer. I tagged you in because I thought you would be interested to know about the issues discovered. The bsft link actually redirecting to eonnext anyway was a strange sense of irony!
    Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext I have some unfortunate news. This has happened again.

I recently received a phone call from someone purporting to be from Eon Next and asking for the third party mentioned in previous posts. I told the agent about this issue and to immediately update the database. I then received two texts for the third party with links that reveal the same details of this person as before. I have not however received any texts for my mum this time. I am extremely surprised it has happened again because the first time is bad enough and you have had time to make sure it couldn't happen again.

Being a web developer, I have assumed responsibilities of a data protection officer so I have advanced knowledge of the Data Protection Act. I must give you notice that should it occur again, I will be informing the Information Commissions Office of the breach so that they can take the appropriate legal action to ensure compliance.

Can you please look in to this urgently and escalate as high as you can take it? Thanks.
    I will make this my priority today @RichHaynes - please PM me the contact number that you receive the texts to!