Spam Posts - An update

Staff
    Hi @Richtea78

I'm afraid I can't comment on them, I'd finished for the day when they came through and I had a day off yesterday so I wasn't able to check them. I believe some of my colleagues logged on yesterday morning and deleted them as soon as they saw they were there.

We've implemented a (hopefully temporary) update this morning to alleviate the spam reaching it's way through, so from now any posts to the Community will have to be approved by one of us moderators. This means we'll be able to remove & delete spam users before legitimate users such as yourself have visibility of them. Genuine posts & queries will still be approved to the community. We don't want this to be a permanent update to the Community, but we're doing what we can to keep you safe.

I hope this brings some reassurance :)

Beth :)
    Level 5
    Well you’ve stopped the bots but I see you’re now controlling who can post what! Unintended benefit for Eon!
    Staff
    Well you’ve stopped the bots but I see you’re now controlling who can post what! Unintended benefit for Eon!

Morning @Richtea78 - That's absolutely not the case at all. The only posts we're not allowing through are the spam posts which have (rightly) caused such upset among our Community Family. As always though, the Community isn't manned 24/7 so there may be a delay in posts being approved, but as long as they don't violate our guidelines (which can be found here) we have no reason to stop genuine member posts coming through.

If we did need to stop a post you'd make, we'll message you privately to let you know why it hasn't made it through :)

I hope this puts you at ease!

Beth :)