IHD not updated new tariff that changed 1st April

Level 1
    Hi, been in touch with EON Next 3 times about our IHD not showing correct tariff. They have told us to turn off and on, leave near the outside meter. Nothing has worked and they have now advised us to purchase a new IHD ???

Can anyone with a bit of expertise check to see if there is any way we can get the new prices to our IHD, it would be much appreciated.
  • 10 Replies

Level 3
    We get new threads on this subject almost daily, i would expect one of the mods to pop along and sort it for you.
    But in my opinion a large company like this need to sort this gremlin sooner rather than later.
    Level 91
    I totally agree. Its crystal clear that problems occur when customers are switched from one company to another (often recently because their supplier has gone belly up) And if they have older smart (!) meters this frequently results in them becoming invisible to the new supplier. So readings struggle to get through to the supplier and the supplier can't send pricing down to the customer.

There are other issues too. Customers migrated from Eon to Eon Next also seem to have difficulties - the reasons are not explained. Then there are issues with in home displays not communicating with their own meters, and not being updated with correct current pricing - and prices are changing every 6 months under the price cap and maybe more often in the future.

Prepayment customers seem to me to be particularly vulnerable in these scenarios. On a credit meter you can at least continue to use energy and pay for it, although you might need to log readings manually. But you do not go without power. But if you are on prepayment metering then you can be left without power when problems happen, and then customers seem to face huge difficulties getting things resolved. And its likely that suppliers will want to force more customers onto prepayment if defaults on credit accounts rise - as seems inevitable.

There are problems throughout the system once smart meters are fitted. Granted we will not hear from the delighted and satisfied here - but there are as you imply too many issues of a common nature, and something should be done about it. Action behind the scenes probably is being taken but its difficult to assess how things are improving if the problem is not acknowledged and quantified in the first place.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but Iโ€™ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 78
    I will be asking some serious questions this Tuesday. Meanwhile, I'll get @PeterT_EONNext to see if he can help.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! ๐Ÿค– Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider ๐Ÿ•ท ๐Ÿค– Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Thanks for your input. One Customer Service Advisor told me that my IHD must be broken and to get a new one from the internet?? Would appreciate @PeterT_EONNext assistance - hope you can help. This problem seems to be with EON Next only, we have changed prices with EON with no issue.
    Level 78
    Don't get one from random websites though, it won't work. I'll send you a message shortly with some advice on that.
    Community Team
    Hi @leannet41 I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your in home display.

Are we receiving the readings from your Smart Meter? If so, it's likely a tariff change update just needs to be sent to your in home display and that's all, to get this updated ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm afraid I won't be able to access your account from here, as we can only do this if the email address you've used to sign up to the Community is the same as the one you use for your online account (please don't post any personal info here)

Due to this, please get in touch with customer services so someone can get this update sent onto your in home display.

You can call on 0808 501 5200 - the lines are open weekdays 9am - 5pm. You can also send an email to hi@eonnext.com

The quickest way to get a response is by messaging us on Social Media, links to our social media can be found in my signature below.

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž Calm ๐Ÿ˜Œ Collected ๐Ÿ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a ๐Ÿ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' โœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? ๐Ÿค” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 1
    Hi @PeterT_EONNext. Just rang customer helpline, they tell me they have never heard of an IHD update. We referred them to this forum and even mentioned your name, to which he replied never heard of them and he contacted a manager. He then advised us the Manager told him updates were happening and could take 8 weeks, not sure if I was being fobbed off, but the customer helpline staff have no idea. I am banging my head against a brick wall here. If I can I will create a new account linked to our email address with EON Next and post on this forum again for you to assist as I see no other way forward. It is very frustrating that the staff seem not to be knowledgeable on this.
    Community Team
    @leannet41 I'm sorry to hear this ๐Ÿ˜” I'll message you now

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Level 78
    Just as a side note. I have had a very long discussion with both community managers Beki and Hannah today. They are working on making more agents in customer service aware of the forum and my content is now starting to be used as a training resource. If this kind of issue continues to happen based on what other users post here, I'll definitely make sure Hannah is notified about it.